Leading planning and management of business and technology initiatives, programs, and processes that deliver products and solutions supporting organizational and mission-critical objectives.
- Combining PMP planning/management with MBA analysis/strategy and excellent communication skills
- Flexibly applying methods and processes best suited to objectives, resources, constraints and quality requirements
- Self-motivated and dependable problem-solver committed to performance and client satisfaction
- Delivered major, mission-critical projects on time, under budget, with technical limitations, resource constraints and difficult merger/consolidation situations.
- Nimbly adapted plans and resources to frequent changes in business direction, priorities and organizations to further assure delivery success
- Rescued troubled new-product development and commercialization, achieving return-on-investment objective
- Provided PMO services organizing and managing successful completion of CEO's 13 concurrent initiatives delivering industry and operational performance and best practices
- Managed sales pilot achieving commercialization and sales goal of 200 service installations monitoring 20,000 customer devices globally
- Saved $1mm in annual royalty and product-support costs; increased average account value and product sustainability by 20% in 12 months through product management
- Managing projects across the organization from proposal/initiation through close-out
- Managing multiple projects concurrently; planning and managing schedules, resources and budgets; operating under pressure while meeting deadlines and budgetary requirements
- Aligning assets and operations to business strategy; uniting functions and resources to achieve common goals; quickly changing direction to meet fluctuating business and technology requirements
- Applying methods and processes required for optimal results (e.g., SDLC, Waterfall, Agile/Iterative, PMBOK, Stage-gating, Enterprise Lifecycle Management and Governance, Change Management and Six Sigma)
- MS Office Suite, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint
Oct 2003 - Present
Project Management Consultant (my company)
Delivering initiative and program consulting for clients such as Lanier Worldwide (Ricoh Corporation) and Internap Network Services.
May 2007 - Dec 2008
Solutions Delivery Manager
Online Advertising/eCommerce industry; Networked, integrated CRM System projects with $1-2mm budgets, 3-12 month durations, 10 direct reports, 25-35 team members
- Reduced care contact time and increased satisfaction through a customized, sales and service system integration.
- Completed a large complex project on time and under budget ($2m) while limited by existing technology, tight resource constraints, and a challenging merger situation.
- Quickly adapted plans and resources to frequent changes in business direction, priorities and reorganization.
- Flexibly applied management practices and processes best suited for each project and program’s needs, resources and objectives (example: agile/iterative to optimize resource allocation and ROI).
- Strategically program managing business-owner partnership.
- Planning and managing system-solution delivery, from initiative through deployment and support hand-off, based on specific business objectives. Accountable for project quality and customer satisfaction.
- Leading initiatives across the organization for functional/integration releases, solution upgrades, and maintenance updates that involved IT resources/stakeholders and business resources/stakeholders/beneficiaries.
- Recruiting, managing, and developing delivery team members. Building teams and leadership development that improved overall solution-delivery quality and speed.
- Cultivating relationships and managing all communications with clients, business sponsors, beneficiaries and stakeholders to manage program direction and project objectives, scope, success criteria, and expectations.
Mar 2005 - May 2007
$100k-1mm budgets, 3-12 month durations, 12-25 team members
Solution Users: Companies needing efficient and secure transmission of rich media content, application transactions and data for Internet-acceleration product. Internal operations for process change and merger consolidation projects
- Rescued a troubled project, assuring delivery of 18-month new product ROI. Cross-functionally program managed development, commercialization and launch requiring product management, marketing, network and software engineering, legal, service delivery, billing, and sales.
- Developed and documented new-product development and commercialization process that delivered improvements in planning, efficiency, and ability to deliver on business case objectives.
- Provided PMO services for achieving CEO's operational objectives in 13 initiatives.
- Program-managing product/service development, commercialization and market launch projects; applying processes (SDLC, waterfall, agile/iterative) as suited to resources and project objectives.
- Developing and delivering executive KPI dashboard.
- Providing project and program expertise and leadership for a wide variety of project types.
Oct 2003 - Oct 2004
$1mm project, 1 year duration, 12 team members
- Worked effectively across the organization to deliver a complete product-commercialization project resulting in operational efficiency, service reliability, and product life-cycle planning.
- Validated the business case in one year for a new, online device-management service sales pilot. Achieved >200 service installations monitoring 20,000 customer devices internationally.
- Project-managing sales pilot (large-scale deployment): Designing, documenting and managing site-installation assessment and delivery processes. Single point of contact for corporate and field operations.
- Leading commercialization for an innovative, online service through existing people, processes, systems and third-party product relationships to enable sales, operations and support operations.
Jun 2000 - Jun 2001
Siemens Business Services, Inc.
- Identified and implemented business processes providing optimized alliance selection and relationship management that fueled growth through strategic partnering revenue opportunities.
- Creating partner opportunity criteria, selection and relationship management processes.
- Single point of contact for partner sales planning, agreements, and issue resolution.
Jan 1997 - Oct 1999
- Assessed and negotiated contract changes reducing 3rd-party-product support requirements and royalty costs by $1mm/year.
- Innovated product-planning and client/market-management practices increasing account value by 20% on average.
- Designing and implementing target-market-based product management.