Actively seeking the opportunity to grow professionally and extend current skill set. Very hard worker with excellent team work skills and ability to communicate with all learners & professionals.
I am one of twenty-one Digital Learning Coaches at Frisco ISD. I was a classroom teacher for 13 years and completed my Masters in Educational Technology in 2002. August 2019 will begin my 18th year at Frisco ISD as a Digital Learning Coach (DLC).
As a Digital Learning Coach, I assist teachers in using technology effectively for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging learning experiences for all students. Additionally, I conduct needs assessments, develop technology-related professional learning programs, and evaluate the impact on instructional practice and student learning.
Responsibilities and Duties of a Digital Learning Coach
- Collaborates in the development, communication, and implementation of a shared vision for high levels of technology integration at the district and campus levels.
- Contributes to the planning, development, communication, implementation, and evaluation of technology-infused strategic plans at the district and school levels.
INSTRUCTION & LEARNING
- Plan with teachers to create/plan activities that utilize high levels of technology integration (SAMR’s Modification and Redefinition)
- Communicates with teams and teachers outside of planning times to inform, advocate and promote technology enhanced learning experiences.
- Builds capacity of teachers in their use of technology enhanced learning experiences through co-teaching, modeling and coaching.
- Conduct needs assessments to inform the content and delivery of technology-related professional learning programs that result in a positive impact on student learning
- Evaluates the results of professional learning programs to build capacity and expertise in the use of instructional technology to support all learners.
- Design, develop and implement technology-rich professional learning opportunities that model principles of adult learning and promote digital-age best practices in teaching, learning and assessment.
- Continually investigate emerging technology resources and tools/evaluate their potential impact on instruction