I am one of twenty-one Digital Learning Coaches at Frisco ISD. I was a classroom teacher for 13 years and completed my Masters in Educational Technology in 2002. August 2018 will begin my 16th year at Frisco ISD as a Digital Learning Coach (DLC).
As a Digital Learning Coach, I assist teachers in using technology effectively for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging learning experiences for all students. Additionally, I conduct needs assessments, develop technology-related professional learning programs, and evaluate the impact on instructional practice and student learning.
Responsibilities and Duties of a Digital Learning Coach
- Help develop a vision for technology and long-range planning.
- Actively participate in campus or district committees supporting digital initiatives
- Design, implement and support learning opportunities for teachers intended to build capacity and expertise in the use of instructional technology to support all learners.
- Promote Digital Learning Essentials infusing the five C’s into the FISD Big 3.
- Create, implement, and support curriculum promoting technology integration.
- Assist in the design, development, and analysis of technology-based curriculum resources.
- Plan, design and model effective digital-age learning environments.
- Actively participate in collaborative planning.
- Support teachers and students across grade levels K-12 in all content areas in the effective integration of technology in the classroom with the goal of reaching modification and redefinition in the SAMR model.
- Support teachers in their classrooms to promote the use of technology to support and enhance the curriculum, to accelerate instruction, and utilize assessments to make data-informed decisions.
- Coordinate campus projects, professional learning and programs throughout the year.
- As assigned, work with district C&I coordinators to help write curriculum and develop professional learning utilizing technology.
- Redefine learning by development and implementation of instructional technology integration models by inspiring classroom teachers, library media specialist, and instructional partners.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the District Improvement Plan and strategies contained therein, particularly those relating to digital learning.
- Share best practices in the use of instructional technology and promote the 5C’s (Critical Thinking, Collaboration Communication, Creativity and Citizenship).
- Consistently promote and model best digital learning practices in the classroom.
- Connect with educators and professionals to improve collaboration within the school, district and globally.
- Foster digital citizenship education with the goal of developing a positive digital lifestyle for all students and staff.