Director of Information Technology
Overall responsibility for strategic and operational IT requirements of a multi-million dollar design & engineering firm spanning multiple central Texas offices.Plans, organizes, and coordinates solutions to current and future needs for the Firm.Leveraged open source solutions in areas of asset management, software license management, communications, and incident management to increase and improve enterprise services while reducing associated costs.Manages and coordinates multiple projects simultaneously while performing all facets of IT management including: network design; router & VPN configuration; workstation & server management; database configuration & maintenance; application configuration & maintenance; ASP.NET development; Blackberry support; software licensing; budgeting & procurement.
- Defined multi-year strategy to stabilize and correct inefficiencies within IT infrastructure.Adjustments have led to 80% reduction in downtime of technology resources which has significantly improved employee productivity & project profitability.
- Leveraged IT to drive business value, in improved cash flow and customer service through inventory management efforts and accurate on time delivery of incident handling.
- Implemented an IT governance framework to establish standards and ensure IT priorities, resources, budgeting, and spending are aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Established an Information Technology Council with the goal of gathering local user requirements & business needs in order to implement & maintain continuous improvements of existing services
- Designed and developed ASP.NET / SQL 2008 R2 enterprise application which is utilized as a project information management system as well as a project portfolio application that enables cross project reporting.
- Determines strategic product and service vendor relationships and manages ongoing partnerships
- Initiated virtualization projects to minimize costs for aged single function servers
- Implemented application virtualization solutions to improve the efficiency of distributing desktop application updates while minimizing the burden on IT
Technical Support Skills:Active Directory, Windows XP/2003/7/2008, IIS, ASP.NET, SQL, Sharepoint, MySQL, PHP, Microsoft Office, McAfee Security, Cisco, AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit