Excellent in both oral and written English and German
Intermediate proficiency in both oral and written Spanish
2010 - Present
Vice President Sales, Solar
Responsible for solar market new business development in North America. Product range includes solar trackers, solar street lights; solar village or telecommunication supply equipment; and solar water technologies (i.e. solar deep-well pumps, water purification, desalinization).Prepared detailed product proposals and presentations of all product aspects.Established relationships with utilities, independent power producers (IPP), project developers and installers.Negotiated sales representative agreements to increase market penetration.
Jul 2011 - Present
Director, Sales & Marketing
Responsible for solar tracker new business development in North America. Prepared detailed product proposals and presentations and developed business case for product.Established relationships with utilities, independent power producers (IPP), project developers and integrators.Accomplishments:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
- Developed complete Sales & Marketing plan including price, product, promotion, distribution<o:p></o:p>
- Sales team identified over 45 projects, delivered 26 project quotations valued at over $45 million (and over 55 Megawatts of power) within first 3 months.<o:p></o:p>
- Developed public speaking opportunities to present TSS solar tracker (i.e. Siemens Solar Exchange East)<o:p></o:p>
- Implemented “Constant Contact” for sales lead generation and communication (800 contacts in 3 mo.)<o:p></o:p>
2007 - 2010
Managed North American commercial activities for $200M General Motors and Volkswagen accounts.Worked on new business development and coordinated acquisition activities, contract review and negotiations, international business coordination, price improvements, customer business plan and internal sales plan.Coordinated cross–functional teams to meet sales and company objectives.
- Increased sales by $5 million by acquiring two new General Motors projects within two years.
- Obtained two contingency contracts totaling $25 million in potential annual sales ($125M lifetime sales).
- Recovered two cancellation claims in the amount of $1.1 million by coordinating and driving activities during the recovery process.Exceed combined recovery expectations.
- Recovered packaging claim for $110,000 by applying creative recovery ideas.
- Organized and prepared customer cost workshops through coordinating cross–functional teams.
- Tracked GM global business plan and provided proposals for technical and commercial savings by coordinating North American activities and consolidated global response.
2004 - 2007
Managed engine cooling module, surge tank and fan and clutch projects for $90 million Freightliner account division. Performed contract reviews for EPA07 projects by reviewing and negotiating with the customer Development Agreements and Long–Term Agreements. Led cross–functional teams and managed internal and external activities to meet customer milestones.Accomplishments included:
- Obtained two contracts totaling $15 million in annual sales ($45M lifetime sales).
- Successfully led acquisition process and program management activities including a $9M budget.
- Saved $1 million in tooling by managing supplier selection, developing targets, analyzing gaps and driving customer requirements through the supply chain.
1999 - 2004
Program Manager (Commercial)
Managed all engine cooling commercial customer activities including quotations for new business development, change management and service part pricing for $90 million Freightliner account. Accomplishments included:
- Acquired various new businesses by driving key platform products into other applications.
- Provided all quotations on new business opportunities and change management by coordinating customer requirements and cost calculations.
- Protected company price levels by explaining cost drivers and justifying price gaps for Daimler/Freightliner global workshops.
- Performed internal and external Linear Price Performance (LPP) analysis for all major components by collecting and analyzing price levels for each component.
- Saved customers $2.5M through providing proposals for common components on series product and cost reduction ideas.
- Achieved price improvement in excess of $1 million over a 4 year time period through negotiating annual service part price adjustments and justifying price increases.
1997 - 1999
Provided technical support for semi–finished alloys and parts division including soft magnetic materials, physical alloys and parts within various industries focusing on the automotive industry (ignition systems, actuators, injection systems, common rail).Accomplishments included: Increased sales by $13 million (300%) within two years as part of a sales team including the US & Canada markets.