Technology Support Coordinator
University of Massachusetts
- Provide ongoing technical and strategic input for improvements to a rapidly growing Continuing Studies/Distance Learning Department.
- Hire, manage and train online learning office staff and ensure coverage for weeknights and weekends.
- Responsible for assessing training needs and arranging in-house training for staff on new software packages being introduced at the University.
- Communicate and present technical proposals to Business Decision Makers when hardware or software purchases need to be justified.
- Responsible for scheduling dynamically changing online courses, and maintaining FTP, UNIX and other student accounts.
- Provide technical support and end-user assistance to 2000+ online & on-campus students per semester.
- Responsible for testing LMS upgrades by creating test scenarios on different platforms and browsers to ensure all new functionality operates to specification and that all existing functionality is not affected.
- Responsible for assisting faculty with delivering online courses, utilizing the LMS's to their fullest extent and assisting with development of their online courses, in addition to providing technical support to the faculty and their students.
- Continued assistance with migration of online courses to a new LMS, checking content as it is moved and assisting faculty in gaining access.
- Administer the NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and UNIX Server as well as provide desktop support for a department of 40 Staff members by applying service packs, critical updates, Norton Corporate Antivirus, Norton Enterprise Firewall, Black Ice Personal Firewalls, FileMaker Pro databases, HP printers, Dell and Gateway hardware, management of NT user accounts and permissions. Deploy and manage the patch management process for the departmental servers. Evaluate tools such as Microsoft Software Update Services on Windows 2000 and Automatic Updates on the Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP desktop operating systems. Thorough testing of patches on test machines before deployment.