Knowledgeable manager and technical leader with extensive experience leading high-performance technical teams in assuring optimal operations of IT and communications infrastructures, systems, networks, and solutions. Advanced expertise coordinating complex installation, repair, and upgrade projects to on-time, on-budget completion. Extensive experience communicating with customers to identify and resolve challenging technical issues. Talent for building, training, and mentoring high-performance teams.
Diagnostics & Troubleshooting • Process Improvement • Project Management • Change Management
Network Planning, Design & Installation • Technical Support • Software Development • Staff Recruitment
Risk Assessment / Mitigation • Net Present Value / Internal Rates of Return • Budget Management
Technical / Field Team Training & Leadership • Inventory Management • Contractor Oversight
System, Hardware, & Infrastructure Configuration & Installation • Change Impact Analysis
Data Assessment & Reporting • Critical Path Methodology • Customer Service • Disaster Recovery
Jun 2006 - Present
Customer Service Technician I
Lead installation, repair, and upgrade of voice, data, and fiber optic technologies for residential and business customers. Analyze network statistics to identify quality issues; utilize technologies and tools including WebPro, PollDslam Suite and DSL Expresse. Ensure optimal functioning of customer IPTV services and pinpoint network deficiencies; report to NOC. Analyze all customer equipment, including automated alarm systems and video surveillance equipment, to assure continued compatibility and integration. Serve as key point of contact for escalated customer issues.
- Chosen to serve as IPTV Subject Matter Expert for Winter Garden region; conducted employee and contractor field training as well as inventory control of key supplies and components.
- Reduced IPTV trouble tickets by 20% through development of new reporting tools later implemented company-wide.
- Decreased IPTV issues further 30% by establishing new test lab allowing technicians to modify and adjust installation and repair procedures.
- Secured over 100 new accounts by orchestrating large-scale IPTV showcasing event at Winter Garden Theatre.
- Established venue partnership resulting in hosting of numerous live televised events featuring CenturyLink products.
- Reduced need for on-site technical support visits 5% by implementing in-depth training program for technicians in remotely analyzing customer network statistics.
May 2005 - Jun 2006
Network Engineer, Technical Support
Ensure optimal operations of cell towers and serve as main point of communication for troubleshooting cell service issues. Cooperate with cellular engineers to resolve dropped calls, reduced data speed, iDEN network anomalies, and sound quality problems.
- Reduced repair trouble tickets 10% by developing Microsoft Excel reporting tool identifying repeat support customers for escalated service, later adopted department-wide.
Sep 2004 - May 2005
PC Data Technician
Conducted hands-on maintenance of PC hardware and software for residential and commercial customers including system backup and restoration, security and virus removal, and installation of wireless and wired networks. Designed and planned networks using routers, switches, modems, UTP, and cat5e technology. Conducted diagnostics of networks and operating systems using SCCM Client Center, WireShark, and other tools. Installed and repaired DSL service.
- Achieved over $15,000 in savings by negotiating with contract company to permit contractor access to DSL test equipment.
Mar 2004 - Sep 2004
Operations II Technician
Consulted with customers in configuring MS Outlook accounts, repairing network-installed devices, and improving network efficiency in partnership with SBC engineers. Provided phone guidance in installing network cards, establishing WLAN / LAN networks, and installing DSL modems. Consulted with engineers in troubleshooting and resolving RADIUS and LDAP problems. Assisted with restoring network connections for customers on diverse operating systems including Windows 98-XP, Mac operating systems, and Linux Red Hat.
- Played key role in training Tier I technicians in troubleshooting Winsock issues, registry edits, trace routes, ping IP’s, and other more complex issues.