Owner / Principal
Consulting practice providing CFO and other services, including: Financial planning and analysis; Strategic planning; Business process / procedures / system improvements; Software implementation; Project management; and, Training.
- Serve as part-time and as interim CFO or Controller for various clients, engagements of up to 2 yrs duration, generally 2-3 days per week per client.
- Project work generally of 2-9 months duration, usually 4-5 days per week per client.
- Engagements often develop when operating results and cash-flow are not acceptable to owners, investors and/or creditor organizations; focus is to correct root causes and execute improvements to achieve a successful turn-around.
- Majority of client engagements involve privately held organizations; some not-for-profit.
- Defended a client's position to the IRS by aggressive application of uniform capitalization rules; achieved for client $100,000 net savings in income taxes, interest and penalties.