Marketing position that utilizes my writing skills and enables me to make a positive contribution to the organization.
My company specializes in produce shipping. I coordinate the shipping needs of produce customers who buy product in the growing areas of California, Arizona, Texas, Northwest, East Coast ports (NY. NJ, PA, CT, and DE), and Florida. We also work on shipping product out of Chicago to various destinations in the US.
I also work on the logo design, ad design, and overall marketing plan.
Jul 2006 - Present
Badger Refrigerated Express, Inc.
- Manage produce delivers for companies who outsource their transportation needs.
- Supervise 40+ truckload orders per week maximizing our corporation throughput and productivity.
o Includes meeting pick-up and delivery deadlines, as well as ensuring proper transportation of freight
- Negotiate competitive rates with both customers and the trucking providers daily to maximize company profitability.
- Review invoices for accuracy, and accounts payable and receivable to insure cash flow for the corporation.
Apr 2006 - Jul 2006
High 5 Consulting
- Generated increased sales of +10% for ten (10) stores by executing a grassroots marketing campaign by initiating face-to-face contact with previous and new customers.
- Analyzed daily and weekly sales results looking for trends and/or areas to improve the sales campaign and/or profitability.
Jun 2004 - Aug 2005
- Increased customer satisfaction by providing prompt service to over eight distinct customers groups.
o Received several customer satisfaction survey recognition awards.
- Managed and coordinated bar alcohol distribution and sales leading to strong profits while minimizing slippage.
May 2004 - Aug 2004
- Composed, distributed, and maintained press releases and materials for the team newsletter.
- Maintained and updated the data base for season ticket holders.
- Initiated contact with new potential corporate sponsors leading to new supporters.
- Planned, coordinated, and implemented a one week summer youth camp