Intend to become a key leader within the IT-Software industry and lead an international team to a new level of accomplishment.
Snapshot+ Business Expert for Asian Market+ Domain expert for IT-Software/solutions (fPharma / LifeSciences / Healthcare / Clinical Reasearch)+ 18 years of experience+ 10 years in leadership role for Asian business.+ Multi-cultural, multi-lingualSummaryA business professional with 18+ years of extensive experience in conceptualizing & executing business functions with key focus on top/ bottom line. All these have been with global leaders in their respective fileds.Currently since '03; spearheading the company’s 3rd Business arm (covering Asia, Australia and the Middle-East market). The company is into providing IT solutions/products to the research fraternity and is global leader in its domain. This job initialy included setting up new business operations for Asian market and now is expanding & growing the same.Establishing and communicating Vision, Mission, direction, policy, plans and any important information relevant to the functioning and efficiency of the organization. Working as Business-Head and Techno-Commercial Lead; representing company in the Geography. Designed, strategised and executed the Asian business model for the company. Achieved the milestone of adding 300+ clients in Asian Market. Proficient in creating, training and managing a multi-cultural and multi-lingual team of professionals as employees & consultants. Recognized for entrepreneurship, leadership and credibility.Specialties
Managing & Driving Asian Market, Strategic Planning, Building a team of professionals, Business Intelligence, Start-up Operations,hiring the best talent, Solution Delivery & Negotiation, Sales & Marketing Management, Distribution / SCM / ROI, IT solution for enterprises in Scientific world, Compliance.
Sr District Manager
- Involved in Sales & Marketing Management, Inventory & Receivables Management, mentoring Team members and representing company at various Conferences & Exhibitions.
- Learned a lot about Pharma/healthcare business, sales & marketing, technical sales, people management, etc.
- Interacting with medical fraternity and generating high demand for products in the market.
- Presenting and convincing the medical fraternity to buy into the efficacy, safety, quality, brand equity of the products and increase business through indirect selling.
- Managing resellers, distributors and agents to stock and sell the products and manage the receivables.
- Manage the team of Medical Representatives and train them for client interactions, sales, business development, distribution, presentations, etc. in the healthcare industry.
- Develop the team dealing with the Hospitals and dispensaries business and manage the bulk consumers.
- Managing such institutional sales to these Hospitals and Research Institutes.
- Commenced career as a Medical Representative, rose through 2 promotions & 2 upgradations to be a Senior District Manager, led a team of Sales Executives and reported to the Area Sales Manager.
- Recipient of all 4 Cherry Challenge Awards, contested annually between Super-achievers in the company.
- Joined as the Youngest District Manager in the company.
- Turnaround of team’s performance from (-60%) to +35% in FY 1995-1996.
- Instrumental in achieving annual 55% sales growth by Dec 1998, on new assignment at Lucknow HQ.
- Surpassed Divisional average of 37% growth, recording 130% Annual National Highest growth in1996-1997.
- Successfully achieved 10% growth with team logging 27% Annual growth in 1997-1998.
Jun 2003 - Present
Director of Asia & Pacific Operations
ACD Inc. is a Toronto based Software company providing Software Solutions, Services and Products since 1994. The solutions are focused on enabling researchers in the R&D world with Analytical, productivity and decision support tools plus providing an integrated informatics/analytics platform. These solutions and tools are quite sophisticated and they cater to a large clientele spread across the globe. The organization is divided by geographies into 3 operations (American, European and Asian). I was hired to manage the Asian business.
- Establish and communicate Vision, Mission, direction, policy, plans and any important information relevant to the functioning and efficiency of the organization.
- Function as Business Unit Head, leading the company’s 3rd Business arm (covering Asian, Australian and the Middle-Eastern market).
- Start-up and establish the APac business sub-unit from ground-up and then managing it.
- Create and maintain the necessary environment in which people can become fully involved in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Motivate, mentor and lead a multi-cultural, multi-lingual team of talented professionals. Live the culture and lead by example.
- Direct a cross functional teams and integrate them to a common objective
- Achievement of agreed business results and successful operations of the business Unit.
- Planning & strategizing business for different geographies and implementing them with timelines.
- Hiring & developing a management team for different geographies helping with the day-to-day operations.
- Carry out responsibilities connected with Management Meetings, Performance Reporting and Responsible Corporate Governance.
- Work with people from different department and take them along on the vision and strategy for the region.
- Designing a region specific pricing model to suit the market.
- Tie-up with business partners for advertising/ marketing-campaigns/ promotional schemes or product-bundles for specific industries.
- Control of subcontracted activities by establishing a team of consultants who are hired indirectly and assist the functioning on a time-to-time basis.
- Attending & speaking at various Seminars/ Conferences/ Symposiums/ Scientific – Workshops.
- Acting as a bridge between the HO (Toronto) and the team here in APac; to design and customize plans for different practices in the market.
- Managing the marketing, MarComm and PR activities for the company in the geography.
- Defining and achieving stakeholder satisfaction consisting of - Customers, Employees, Business Partners.
- Enhance organizational performance, credibility and sustainability.
- Continuous improvement and cost control.
- Established the company in Asia and achieved the milestone of ~300 clients (now 360+).
- Added 50+ clients in each important market naming India, China, Australia & Korea.
- Expanded the Business by tens of folds from what it was at the start.
- Built the entire Asian organization by selecting & hiring employees and business partners from ground up.
- Successfully strategized the approach of addressing the Pharma industry with our solution; which is now being replicated in rest of the world.
- Groomed the team such that they are working on global-deals with their counterparts in different continents.
- Carrying additional responsibility of helping the VP of Sales on the new pricing strategy.
- Established the region as ‘Region with maximum growth’ consecutively for 6 years in a row.
- Steered the launch of new enterprise informatics solution for the first time and have 5 clients for this.
- Successfully designed the solutions and the new pricing model to counter piracy threats in the market.
- Strengthened Business relations with business houses across Asia to facilitate various major Commercial Deals in the Asia & Pacific Region.
- Driving the development of a new enterprise solution while working internally with the product manager & the CSO and externally with the client.
- Successful in getting presentations of success stories by clients (who are significant personalities in the industry) at User Group Meetings in Europe.
- Presented new concepts and vision at international conferences as invited speaker; Such as- CPhI India, IBC Asia (Pharma Innovation) , Symposium of Drug Design and Informatics, ChemSpec India, MedChem India, IBC Asia (Drug Discovery Technology-China), Anacon India, IBC Asia (Drug Discovery Technology-India), Analytica India, Seminar on new tools for Pharma R&D (at NUS Singapore), Symposium on Theoretical Chemistry (at BARC), Analytica China, International Convention on Pharmacy Education
Feb 2001 - May 2003
Sales Manager-South Asia
Accelrys Inc. is a San Diego based Software company providing Software Solutions, Services and Products for about 3 decades now. The solutions are focused on enabling researchers in the R&D world with Informatics, productivity and Simulation software/solutions. These solutions and tools are quite sophisticated and they cater to a large customer base spread across the globe. The organization was created by acquiring/merging 5 specialist companies and was renamed as Accelrys in 2001; it is after this recreation that needed a senior person to develop their South Asian market and for this role I was hired.
- Function as the Techno Commercial Head; lead a team of sales, scientific & technical staff.
- Launching the new business (which was inherited by the company as a result of organizational acquisitions) and creating a new market in the region.
- Establish a new Business Unit and manage International Sales & Deliverables Management.
- Manage & drive Scientific & Consultancy visits by Technical Staff, Scientific and implementation team.
- Represent company at Scientific and Business Conferences and build the brand image.
- Managing a team of Distributors / Resellers, driving the business in the South Asian Region.
- Creating and managing business partners for joint promotion of hardware & software; dealing with giants like HP, SGI, IBM etc
- Business Development, Sales Negotiations, Key Account Management.
- Maintaining interaction at very senior level CXO-level to establish relationships.
- Managing technical Discussions between Customer (Scientists) & In-house experts (Techno-marketing meets).
- Channel Management, Deliverables Management, creating Business Solutions for industry.
- Designing the plan and strategy for the market and then take the team along for building business and market share.
- Instrumental in Revenue Growth of 130% during the first year 2001 and by 103% in 2002 over last year as regards to the sales’ performance.
- Efficiently crossed the 1 million $ for Annual sales during 2002, for the first time in India.
- Acted as In-charge of the entire business since Jan 2002 for India and expanded the business-opportunities for the South Asian Region from July 2002 onwards
- Participated as Member of Advisory Committee for small companies venturing into Bioinformatics in India.
- Successfully strengthened relationship in the Life Sciences Domain, registered as a part of list, Invited Speakers in many International Conventions & Workshops for reach at the C-level.
- Conducted ALL the techno-commercial presentations for building business in the territory and successfully managed the proposal of solution to the prospects/clients.
Aug 1999 - Jan 2001
Sr Area Sales Manager
- Act as a Profit Centre Head, lead a team of ~50 in Sales & Distribution Department while working with the National Sales Manager.
- Complete responsibility of Sales & Marketing Management, Inventory management & accounts receivables.
- Building business and brand image within the healthcare industry.
- Responsible for the head-counts for the region and their performance.
- Managing a team of managers and guiding them to drive their teams to grow the business in the state.
- Training & mentoring teams periodically with relevant scientific and business information.
- Develop the team dealing with the Hospitals and dispensaries business and manage the bulk consumers.
- Held Additional charge of another state of Gujarat for 4 months and managed CFA & Distributors, conducting Internal Training and handled Staff Recruitment.
- Efficiently turned around the Business from degrowth to growth in the First year of Management.
- Instrumental in achieving 37% annual growth in Dec ‘99 and 63% growth of Prescription Products in 2000.
- Improved the DSO / Receivable Outstanding to 27 days from 45 days.
- Effectively represented Company in a Scientific Conference - All India Conference of Obstetrics & Gynaecology and received Appreciation from the Media, Organizers & Senior management.