Sep 2013 - Present
May 2014 - Present
On-Air Personality, Production
Dec 2009 - Present
The VO-Factory is a source for voice over talent, voice acting, state of the art digital recording, marketing and branding, plus audio production for radio and television commercials, corporate videos, narration, audio books, IVR/telephone systems, video games, animation characters and automated tours. The firm can also, at the clients request, provide "turn-key" concept development from start to finish.
Jun 2011 - Sep 2012
Chief Operations Engineer-Music Director
Music Director, (Music Row magazine reporter), management, sales, engineering, operations and programming consultant, F.C.C. compliance, EAS, public file, copy writing, production, daily on-air, imaging and promotion, research & marketing. Digital and analog audio, audio streaming, server & networking, training and sales support. Leadership in updating and improving signal and audio chain, automation reliability.
Aug 1967 - Sep 2012
Gen. Mgr./Prog. Dir./Chief Eng./Sales Mgr.
-Experience in all aspects of professional commercial and non-commercial radio broadcasting in a variety of market-size stations extending over 43 years. Experience includes over a decade of experience in commercial television as well. The totality of the experience mentioned here would not fit within this space. Positions include CEO, General Manager, Market Manager, Station Manager, General Sales Manager, Marketing Consultant, Program Director, Production Director, announcer (booth/live), Chief Engineer, Corporate Engineer, engineering consultant, Promotions Manager, Arbitron and audience ratings for daily radio show in top 3 positions in all markets for nearly 20 years, winner of several regional and statewide production awards.
May 2009 - Nov 2009
Manages Sales Team including training, sales planning, promotion, copy writing, production. Also engineering planning, market development, community relations and FCC compliance. Act as legal chief operator for KLCK-AM, KYYT-FM and KWCQ-FM.
May 2008 - May 2009
Advertising sales executive involved with prospecting, client development, marketing, advertising concepts, business finance, in-store display design and business community leadership. Also assist with on-air programming, copy writing, production, remote broadcasts, engineering/technology projects.
Jul 2006 - Dec 2014
President, CEO, Senior Bishop
Chief Executive Officer and Bishop for non-profit ecclesiastical corporation for the purpose of promoting the Gospel, training and licensing ministers, supporting ministries and planting churches. The ministry is affiliated with The Missionary Church International, Columbia, South Carolina; a trans-denominational ministry.
BROADCAST MANAGEMENT,SALES, PROGRAMMING, ENGINEERING:
- -authored employee policy manuals.
- -performed as Corporate Personnel Director.
- -recruited, hired and trained new employees.
- -discharged employees for cause.
- -developed and maintained monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
- -initiated employee recognition & awards program (morale).
- -established periodic employee training program.
- -developed community and business cooperative relationships.
- -researched and developed complete and detailed business plans for several businesses and organizations.
- -conducted marketing surveys and published results.
- -established advertising plans for local, regional, national and political clients.
- -created an automated personalized sales presentation process.
- -invented and marketed several promotional tools (still used by many of the businesses).
- -developed area wide campaigns for business and government.
- -have experience in radio, television, newspaper, coupons, magazines, outdoor, yellow pages and specialty advertising as full-service advertising agency owner.
- -designed and executed several community events. (Concerts, home shows, trade shows, open houses, events,annual events, etc.)
- -performed as certified professional public speaker for conferences and seminars.
- -developed and presented several multimedia presentations. (video, audio, special effects, software, etc.)
- -awarded "Most Creative" commercial by Oregon Association of Broadcasters for copy writing and production.
- -as Program Director, station received Billboard Magazine "Country Music Station of the Year"-Small Market.
- -from home market of less than 50,000, programmed station with Arbitron scoring in top stations in two outside markets of 250,000 and 800,000+ populations.
- -programmed radio station performing as "Music Row", "Radio & Records" and "Gavin Report" reporting station.
- - developed music mix systems and clock hour wheels based on "time spent listening", "AQH" and "cume" sampling.
- -developed world-wide internet radio station including equipment, studio design, programming, imaging, web presence, audio codecs, sampling rates, digital audio & production.
- -as Market Manager over 5 month period, increased group sales and revenue 25+ percent, lowered operational costs, improved FCC compliance, improved Esprit De Corpse among station stakeholders, improved community image, developed sales training system, re-built marketing and sales, improved competitive advertising rate system.
- -successfully applied for technical license upgrades (major & minor changes) and new construction permits with F.C.C.
- -station remodels and equipment and systems upgrades, periodic engineering maintenance and planning.
- -local advertising and marketing seminar speaker.
- Commercial Radio Broadcasting & Technology
- Digital Technology
- Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Amateur Radio
- Church Ministry & Activities
- Fishing, Hunting & Camping
- Internet Radio, Electronics Projects (design & fabrication)
- Community Service Projects
- Drama, Theater and Public Speaking
- Voice Acting
- Writing Articles - for newspaper, online-blogs and magazines
When looking for the complete broadcast professional who has won national and regional awards, is self motivated, hard-working, a team player and leader, and life-long learner, please seriously consider the information offered here for your next broadcast professional and tribal member.
When you need a seasoned professional for operations, programming, sales, engineering or nearly any aspect of broadcasting today, please consider the qualifications offered here. I like working within a "tribe" who likes to make money, have fun, entertain, inform and, most of all, WIN.
Thank you for your consideration. Let's get to work. Marsh Johnson, Sr.
The objective of the information offered here is to familiarize those owners and company executives who are seriously seeking a "tribal" member* to help your company or station group go to the next level. The qualifications here are more than book knowledge; containing decades of real life experience working "in the trenches" with fellow team members. From leadership and planning to finance and cash flow, to sales and marketing, to production and copy-writing, to award winning programming, to engineering and asset management, to FCC compliance and EAS; I look forward to our conversation about assisting with overcoming your challenges. I possess skill sets in most disciplines in Radio and Television broadcasting. Thank you, ahead of time, for your time invested in considering my skill sets and experience. I look forward to assisting your organization to gaining new heights. Call now...541-404-4390!
*"Tribes" - Seth Godin
Recognized Media Marketing Consultant
The Methodist Missionary Church International
Amateur Radio Extra Class
Federal Communications Commission
General Radiotelephone Operators License
Federal Communications Commission
Aug 1982 - Aug 1987
Certified Broadcast Engineer
Society of Broadcast Engineers
Jun 2006 - Dec 2009
Bachelor of Arts
Studies include classes in exegetics, apologetics, hermaneutics, theology, teaching & discipleship, sacrements, and administering a church. Received licensing & ordination.
Jan 2006 - Jun 2006
Associate of Arts
Studies includies basic studies for ministerial credentials with Rhema Christian Fellowship, Inc.
Sep 1999 - Jun 2000
Certificate - Welding
Studies included metallargy, Computer Aided Drawing (CAD), blue-print reading, we;ding (all classes and positions), AWS certification and fabrication techniques (flat, pipe, geometric objects), trigonometry. Also, member of Phi Theta Kappa, honor society.
Sep 1967 - Jun 1980
Associate of Science
Studies included basic college level core classes plus economics, journalism law, comunications history, human resources management, labor law, electronics, radio station practicum, copy writing, commercial production and marketing. While completing studies, elected Student Body President and built and operated campus radio station, KMPS AM.