My technical background includes extensive software development experience ranging from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. I have a diverse technical consulting history that includes hands-on implementation as well as customer-facing project engagement. I enjoy broadening my skills while helping organizations achieve their technical goals. I spend a fair amount of my time writing code (which I enjoy), but I also find the customer-facing opportunities indispensable. The ideal position for me would incorporate both aspects in some capacity since I believe it's a valuable skill to be thoroughly proficient in both arenas.
I definitely enjoy writing great code; however, there are many more things that I also enjoy in life. Here are just a few:
Sep 1991 - Jun 1996
2014 - Present
Capriza is an end-to-end enterprise mobility platform that enables enterprises to mobile-enable critical business workflows. Capriza provides mobility solutions for enterprises, enabling developers to create apps for any internal web application or portals.
- Responsible for the overall success of our customer deployments.
- Manage all technical aspects of post-sale engagements, including requirements gathering, software installation and configuration, development of Capriza mobile apps (called zapps), and ongoing technical support.
- Provide technical training for our customers and partners using the Capriza platform.
2011 - 2014
Sr. Software Engineer, Solution Architect
Good Technology is a mobile security provider that makes products for managing and securing mobile devices in a business environment. The company focuses on securing apps and data on mobile devices.
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery of custom solutions that compliment our core product offerings (Good for Enterprise and Good Dynamics).
- Developed a log parsing utility to transform encrypted audit logs into Common Event Format (CEF) for import into enterprise security information and event management systems (SIEM)Tools: Visual Studio, .NET, C#.
- Facilitated customer meetings to gather and refine project technical requirements.
- Authored requirements documents & functional specs (typically for inclusion in a larger Statement of Work).
- Conducted architectural reviews with customer technical staff (typically IT Admins, Security Architects, and Change Control owners).
- Participated in regular customer status meetings with key stakeholders and executives.
- Authored & delivered a training course to certify ISVs/SIs on our Good Dynamics SDK.
- Produced comprehensive documentation for our SOAP-based web service APIs used to interact with our GFE administrative console
2002 - 2011
Tecarta, Inc. has evolved from a small, 3-person start-up company into a thriving mobile development company in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- Led customer meetings to identify and refine project technical requirements.
- Migrated client legacy websites to our proprietary hosted CMS solutionTools: .NET, C#, XML, CSS, Visual Studio.
- Provided technical support for hosted CMS & conference scheduling applicationTools: .NET, MS SQL, Flex, XML, C#.
- Managed client engagement lifecycles (Scope, Design, Development, Deployment, Support).
- Produced and conducted client employee training for customized web applications.
- Produced project quotes and timeframe estimates for client RFQs.
- Created detailed technical documentation for software deliverables
2000 - 2002
San Francisco Church of Christ
- Led a group of 100 parishioners in Oakland, CA.
2000 - 2000
marchFIRST, Inc. was an international systems integrator and internet consulting company.
- Fulfilled technical lead role for web development teams producing e-commerce sites for fortune 500 companies (using the BroadVision application server)
1998 - 2000
USWeb / CKS
The original USWeb (as opposed to the current internet marketing company going by the same name) was founded as a web design and site engineering company which expanded into online strategy consulting and online marketing. It specialized in Web consulting, engineering and design services. A subsequent merger led to the formation of USWeb / CKS.
- Implemented and deployed web applications using enterprise application servers from IBM, BEA, Microsoft, BroadVision.
- Integrated legacy Oracle ERP Applications with client’s e-commerce website
1996 - 1998
Cambridge Technology Partners
Cambridge Technology Partners (CTP) was founded in 1991 as a leading consulting firm with a focus on solving complex business problems with technology based solutions. They helped to pioneer fixed time/fixed price consulting services and Rapid Application Development (RAD) Methodologies.
- Assisted with technical implementation of call center application for telecom client .
- Developed test scripts for automated test suite used in application unit and system tests .
- Implemented custom client reports for data mining analysis against multi-dimensional database (Essbase)