- Manager of 15 upscale concession facilities throughout Central Park.
- Responsibilities included: interviewing, scheduling, training, and supervision of a staff comprised of seasonal employees; maintaining food and labor costs for all properties, purchasing products and equipment, and maintenance of all sales records, purchases and payroll.
Nov 2008 - Present
- Practice overall project management by developing and managing online marketing, advertising, website management and promotion projects to increase lead generation, improve customer retention, maintain brand integrity and ultimately, increasing revenue.
- Implemented a successful social networking program to maximize customer relationships by focusing on customer interaction and engagement. (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, LinkedIn, etc)
- Direct development of new websites targeting to specific market segments by managing art direction, content writing, managing merchandising programs, etc.
- Developed and maintained a variety of engaging promotions and giveaways through outlets such as social media, email campaigns and other marketing initiatives.
- Create materials for marketing and sales efforts by providing graphic design, art direction and content for online ads, newsletters, brochures, emails and other marketing initiatives.
- Reputation management for hotel and outlets by managing all online presence and monitoring customer review sites and responding accordingly.
- Maintenance of all databases to be utilized for email and direct marketing campaigns by developing and updating new members and storing and auditing of current lists.
- Execute mobile marketing campaign in order to reach out to a new demographic and keep up with ever changing marketing trends.
- Managed the creative direction and implementation of a successful iPhone Application for the hotel.
- Developed Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices to improve organic search visibility increase conversions and return on investment (ROI).
- Manage Global Distribution Systems (GDS) marketing by creating and maintaining programs such as Banner Ads and Pay Per Click Programs (PPC).
- Measured efficiency by tracking results using Google Analytics and other reporting methods.
- Introduce online marketing strategy and social media initiatives to hotel staff by coordinating multiple presentations and training courses.
Oct 2006 - Nov 2008
Sales Systems Administrator
- Assist the Director of Catering & Director of Group Sales in determining strategic direction to maximize revenue with minimal costs.
- Daily critique and refinement of bookings by continuous audits of function space and group room blocks to ensure maximization of revenue and guest satisfaction.
- Implementation of new catering sales strategy to increase revenue at peak times by adjusting the pricing structure of menus on a demand basis.
- Generate and review reports on a weekly, monthly basis to ensure projected budgeted and forecasted goals are met for both catering and group sales.
- Coordinate all month end reporting such as, Success and Pace Reports, as well as, reporting on overall revenue production for the entire Sales Department, both individually and as a team.
- Oversee all technical maintenance of hotel sales systems, such as Delphi and Opera, to update and improve hotel data systems to best suit the hotel needs.
- Analyze competitive pricing and track trends in specific market segments.
- Manage all of the sales department expenses as it pertains to purchases orders, invoicing and checkbook maintenance. Close out each month accordingly and monitor variance to given budgets and goals. Forecast expenses accurately.
- Associate of the Month, February 2007 and May 2008.
Jun 2004 - Oct 2006
Senior Convention Services Manager
- Configure programs and conventions by managing function space and guest room blocks in the most efficient manner possible to revenue and client satisfaction.
- Liaison between departments by preparing and distributing detailed information to all department heads in the form of Convention Resumes, Banquet Event Orders, Pre and Post Convention Reports and Weekly Forecasts.
- Manager of the Year 2004, Leader of the Quarter 2004
Apr 2000 - Apr 2004
Marketing Manager and Corporate Sales
Special Events Manager
- Event Manager for the 2002 USGA US Golf Open.
- Head maitre'd of 600 person VIP corporate dining room.
Corporate Sales Manager
- Created a corporate division of catering hall, which included designing an annual agenda, coordinating a marketing and advertising programs for specific target markets.
- Responsibilities: sales and coordination of events such as fundraisers, annual galas, seminars, conferences, trade shows and expos, golf tournaments, teambuilding events, picnics, etc.
- Attended to approximately 250 plus clients per year.
- Designed and tracked efficiency of media plans and promotions for catering and restaurant outlets to be utilized in marketing strategies.
- Supervised advertising schedule and design details for two properties in national and local publications, radio advertisements, Internet directories, listings and other web based ads, etc.
- Managed direct mailing and email campaigns to induce potential bookings and increase sales.
- Created and updated facility media/press kit.