- Denver US-CO
- [email protected]
I will have all transactions take place through my paypal account; therefore, if you are inclined to donate and/or become a sponsor please don't hesitate to call or email me. Please see the note in the upper right corner or visit www.kivawalk.com to make a direct donation.
Email: [email protected]
I can't possibly put into words how much I want others to join me. I am hoping that people from all over can find a way to throw on a back pack and meet me along the way. If you are at all open to the idea of walking with me for an hour, a week, or a month - please check out the state-map links above and get in touch via email or phone (listed above).
Let's get creative!
I have created the following support teams to make Kiva Walk 2010 a reality. Each team can be comprised of individuals, families, groups, and/or businesses/organizations. Each team and/or sponsor will be posted on my website www.kivawalk.com as a valued partner and is encouraged to creatively participate and engage.
(RED marking shows current donors and changes to original budget)
Media, Gear, and Konoa:
Team Media Mobile (Phone): PDA/Blackberry with wifi capabilities so I can update website, research communities, and connect with people.
- Options/examples: Blackberry BOLD, Droid, Storm 2
- Suggested service provider: Verizon Wireless
- Average Phone Cost: $200.00
- Average Bill-Monthly: $100.00
- Total cost for year: $1400.00
Team Gear 1 (Essentials): Lightweight gear/apparel necessary for ever-changing weather conditions, healthy water, and supply/food storage. (I have simply given examples of the ideal equipment and am open to alternative products)
- JanSport Carson 80 Back Pack - $115.00
- Back Pack rain/protection covers - $30.00 each (2)
- Sleeping Bag (Northface Superlight Zero degree bag, large - $300.00)
- Reliable & Light Weight Water Filter - $200.00
- Light weight inner, mid, insulation, and outer layer clothing (non-cotton pref.) - $300.00
- MSR Pocket Rocket Stove - $40.00
- Headlamp - $30.00
Team Gear 2: Special products and accessories that would add great value throughout the trek.
- ProLite 4 Sleeping pad - $100.00
- Peg (Energy Conserving Belt) www.greennpower.com - $200.00
Team Konoa: Innovative gear for my energy-enhanced companion (husky/shepherd mix) Kanoa.
- Ruffwear’s Palisade’s Pack - $130.00
- Ruffwear’s Bark’n Boots - $60.00
- Zoomback Advanced GPS Pet Locater - $40.00
- Travel Dog Bowl - $15.00
Trail, Food, and Health:
Total Budgeted Expense for 10 months: $7550.00
- Personal Food - $4200 ($15/day for 10 months)
- Bottled Water - $500 (Emergency use in case of faulty/dirty filter and/or no water sources)
- Dog Food - $750 ($75/month)
- Medical Coverage - $1200 (Insurance payments $90/month including personal & veterinary emergency back-up)
- Hostel/Hotel Accommodation for 3 weeks worth - $900 ($43/night)
The following are teams created for each state I will walk through on my route. These numbers are based on the percentage of total journey mileage and the total Trail, Food, and Health budget listed above.
Team Delaware (1%) - $75.50
Team Maryland (5%) - $377.50
Team West Virginia (6%) - $453.00
Team Ohio/Kentucky (10%) - $755.00
Team Indiana (7%) - $528.50
Team Illinois (4%) - $302.00
Team Missouri (7%) - $528.50
Team Kansas (11%) - $850.50
Team Colorado (22%) - $1661.00 - $1436.00
- Joe Osbourne
- David DeForest - Stalls
Team Utah (11%) - $850.00
Team Nevada (9%) - $679.00
California (7%) - $528.50
Please contact me via email at: [email protected] or via phone at: 303.908.0076
Refugee resettlement organization working in the greater Denver area.