CRITICAL CARE STAFF/CHARGE NURSE, NURSE PRECEPTOR
Madigan Army Medical Center, JBLM
Clinical Staff Nurse in a 20-bed Intensive Care Unit supporting 11 subspecialties within a 243-bed Regional Medical Center.
- Ensure quality nursing care is provided to critically ill patients utilizing evidence-based practice protocols and the nursing process In Accordance With professional standards.
- Maintain clinical competence and ensures care provided IAW Army mission/vision/values, Army Medical Department standards, accrediting organizations, and regulatory agencies. Participate in performance improvement processes to ensure the highest standards of practice are achieved.
- Support and apply nursing research into current practice. Ensure military readiness and supports military training mission.
- Demonstrate competent, ethical and patient focused clinical practice.
- Provide the highest quality nursing care in a complex and challenging clinical environment demonstrating superior competence and technical ability by managing high acuity patients.
- Conduct monthly leadership rounding throughout Critical Care section to maintain compliance with Joint Commission. Highly proficient in a wide variety of Critical Care capabilities.
- Enhance professional growth and development of others as demonstrated by precepting of two Army Nurse Corp officers and four Army LVN 68C students.
- Excel in identifying areas of opportunities, techniques, and approaches of evidenced-based practice to improve the unit.