● Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
● Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory taking, reconciling cash receipts, or in performing services for customers.
● Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
● Inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level. ● Instruct staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
● Hire, train, and evaluate personnel in sales or marketing establishments, promoting or firing workers when appropriate.
● Assign employees to specific duties.
● Enforce safety, health, and security rules.
● Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed and that it functions as advertised.
● Perform work activities of subordinates, such as cleaning and organizing shelves and displays and selling merchandise.
● Plan and prepare work schedules and keep records of employees' work schedules and time cards.
● Establish and implement policies, goals, objectives, and procedures for their department.
● Plan and coordinate advertising campaigns and sales promotions, and prepare merchandise displays and advertising copy.
● Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business.