I was posted in general surgery unit 3 (Vascular and liver transplant unit) in dept of general surgery PGIMER chandigarh.
Procedures and interventions performed.
Name of the procedure Under senior supervision Independently
1. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy 9 11
2. Laparoscopic appendicectomy 4 5
3. Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy 2 ---
4. Open CBD Exploration 6 2
5. Hernia repairs (Inguinal, ventral, epigastric, femoral) 14 18
6. Gastric, duodenal and jejunal and ileal perforations 5 16
7. Intestinal obstructions (large and small) - Diversions 3 9
8. Diverticular disease colon Volvulus - Hartman's procedure 2 2
9. Right and left hemicolectomies (non-cancerous) 3 2
10. Hemorrhoids - Banding, sclero, hemorrhoidectomy --- 78
11. Hydatid cyst deroofing(mersupialisation, omentoplasty) 8 2
12. Pancreatic necrosectomy 6 ---
13. Cystogastrostomy (pancreatic pseudocyst) 5 ---
14. Trauma surgeries- splenectomy 5 1
15. Total mastectomy with axillary clearance(Ca breast) 14 7
16. Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy 8 1
17. Total/ subtotal thyroidectomy 5 2
18. Soft tissue sarcoma - wide local excision 5 8
19. Vascular surgeries- Traumatic embolectomy 4 3
.20. Varicose veins - Ligation and stripping 3 24
21. Traumatic extremity arterial contusion- resection anastomosis/ interposition grafting 2
Dialysis access 4
22. Lower extremity amputations(Ray, transmetatarsal, below/above knee)- 26
23. Peripheral artery aneurysm - Popliteal anuerysm repair 3 1
24. Thoracic outlet syndrome - cervical rib 2 2
25. Super-speciality - Ventriculo-peritoneal shunts 3 ---
Tendon repair(traumatic-fresh) 5 1
Hydrocele/ Forniere's gangrene 7 10
26. Emergency/bedside procedures- Chest tube insertion, tracheostomy, Fasciotomy
Effectively Managed cases of Acute cholangitis, Acute pancreatitis, Upper and lower GI bleeding(portal hypertension), Amebic liver abscess, hydatid cysts(PAIR), thermal/electrical burns, Major polytrauma, resuscitation.
As an assistant surgeon in following surgeries:
As a first assistant :1. Whipple's procedure (17) 2. hepatic resections (12)
3. Hepato-pancreatico-duodenectomy(9) 4. Frey's procedure (14)
5. Extended cholecystectomies(28) 6. Trans-hiatal Esophagectomies (27) 7.Total/near total gastrectomies(19) 8. Liver harvesting for liver transplant (4)
9. Hepaticojejunostomies (14)
10. Total proctocolectomy with Ileal pouch anal anastomosis/end ileostomy
11. Abdomino-perineal resection, low anterior resection
12. Vascular procedure - Abdominal aortic aneurysm(repair, grafting), Aortoiliac occlusive diseases- Aorto-fem, axillo-fem, fem-fem, Ilio-fem, fem-pop bypass grafting
As a second Assistant in Liver transplant - Recipient total hepatectomy and liver transplant proper in recipient.
I m proficient in dealing with gallstone disease. Have profound knowledge on biliary diseases. Have experience of handling the complications of laparoscopic cholecystectomy like biliary injuries.
I m proficient in dealing with the varicose veins. Have profound knowledge and skills with with varicose veins.
I have proper knowledge about the natural history and in details about carcinoma breast and other benign breast diseases, have fairly good skills to operate on carcinoma breast. I have not done any breast reconstruction, interested to acquire the skills and knowledge in breast conservation and reconstruction surgery. I can give chemotherapy and radiotherapy to ca breast patients and have fairly good knowledge about the complications and treatment of chemotherapy adverse reactions.
Good knowledge and skills in GI and biliary surgery in general.
Areas of interest :
I want learn and acquire skills in laparoscopic biliary surgery( CBD exploration, LAP HJ), laparoscopic bariatrics surgeries and breast reconstruction surgery.
Teaching Experience :
I taught my junior residents in bedside and in classrooms.
Bedside teaching - case presentations. history taking, examination and case discussion. cases : Obstructive jaundice (Ca Head of pancreas, ampullary and periampullary carninoma, carcinoma gallbladder, cholangiocarcinoma, benign conditions - stones., vascular case- aortic aneurysms, central and periperal vascular diseases- aortoiliac, iliofemoral, PVD. EHPVO, thoracic outet obstructions. GI cases- colonic malignancy, chronic pancreatitis, pseudocyst of pancreas, hydatid disease of liver.