Managed the creative strategy, development, and implementation of retail branch communications, customer communications and direct marketing for HSBC's Consumer Mortgage & Lending Group. Leveraged customer insight and analytics to define and refine internal and external communication strategies that supported customer acquisition, cross-sell, up-sell, retention, and customer service initiatives. Supervised direct report and creative partners; collaborated with internal partners and senior leaders to align the marketing strategy and budget against business priorities.
- Generated $30 million in revenue during a three-month creative test and achieved a 10% increase in response over the control with a new direct mail package that offered customers a complimentary mortgage evaluation.
- Launched mortgage product by creating a new direct marketing package, which featured a personalized loan offer. New creative increased sales conversion by 3.5% and garnered $82 more per lead than the control package.
- Created $18 million in new revenue by leveraging the billing statement channel to cross-sell products and to generate service fees from customers who made phone and web payments.
- Improved employee participation by 40% in a quarterly sales call to 1,350 retail branches by revamping the call format to include subject matter experts, peer-to-peer sales coaching, and handout materials; also promoted the call to other departments (e.g. marketing, learning & development, policy & compliance) with a vested interest.
- Increased online traffic to the marketing intranet by 500% by promoting it to employees with an interactive tutorial, refreshing content, adding new functions, improving the navigation, and using key search words.