I enjoy writing, photography, music, biking, hiking, snow skiing, and snorkeling. I also like to explore different cultures and cuisines, and travel internationaly.
I'm seeking a senior-level marketing or communications position in the Chicago area. My ideal job would be to work for an organization that provides a challenging but collaborative work environment and gives me the opportunity to grow and learn. I tend to thrive in environments that are entrepreneurial, where the job responsibilities evolve with the business needs, where teamwork and collaboration are valued, and where employees work hard and have fun.
I'm an accomplished marketing communicator with extensive experience leading and managing marketing strategies and communication programs for Fortune 500 companies like HSBC, JP Morgan Chase, Harris Private Bank and CNA Insurance. I have a diverse skill set with in-depth knowledge and experience in marketing strategy, internal/external communications, branding, public relations, direct marketing, and sales support. My experience spans across multiple industries, products, services, channels, and customer segments in both business-to-consumer and business-to-business enterprises. I even have agency experience as a PR consultant. I'm seeking a senior-level marketing or communications position in the Chicago area. Recruiters: please do not contact me for sales or commission-based opportunities. Thanks!
May 2006 - May 2009
Managed the creative strategy, development, and implementation of retail branch communications, customer communications and direct marketing for HSBC's Consumer Mortgage & Lending Group. Leveraged customer insight and analytics to define and refine internal and external communication strategies that supported customer acquisition, cross-sell, up-sell, retention, and customer service initiatives. Supervised direct report and creative partners; collaborated with internal partners and senior leaders to align the marketing strategy and budget against business priorities.
- Generated $30 million in revenue during a three-month creative test and achieved a 10% increase in response over the control with a new direct mail package that offered customers a complimentary mortgage evaluation.
- Launched mortgage product by creating a new direct marketing package, which featured a personalized loan offer. New creative increased sales conversion by 3.5% and garnered $82 more per lead than the control package.
- Created $18 million in new revenue by leveraging the billing statement channel to cross-sell products and to generate service fees from customers who made phone and web payments.
- Improved employee participation by 40% in a quarterly sales call to 1,350 retail branches by revamping the call format to include subject matter experts, peer-to-peer sales coaching, and handout materials; also promoted the call to other departments (e.g. marketing, learning & development, policy & compliance) with a vested interest.
- Increased online traffic to the marketing intranet by 500% by promoting it to employees with an interactive tutorial, refreshing content, adding new functions, improving the navigation, and using key search words.
May 2005 - Jan 2006
Project Manager (Contractual Assignment)
Managed the implementation of the bank's strategy to rebrand 2,000 retail branches from Bank One to Chase following the 2004 merger of these two financial services firms. Led cross-functional teams from marketing, merchandising, corporate real estate, ATMs and signage to define the work scope and execute the project plan.
- Managed a multi-disciplined team to transform the branch interiors and exteriors - teller line, reception area, ATM vestibule, sales offices, and drive-thru - into a warmer, more professional, upscale business environment.
- Visited branches and viewed photos and blueprints to define the rebranding work needed at each branch; made recommendations on wall treatments, signage needed, placement of merchandising displays, new furniture, etc.
- Led weekly meetings with marketing, merchandising, corporate real estate, and ATM partners to track progress against the project plan, identify and resolve issues, and provide updates to senior management.
- Organized and managed several state Name Change events, in which conversion teams consisting of 50-75 people would assemble in a market to finalize the rebranding activities before branches were unveiled as Chase.
- Created communications to educate Bank One employees on Chase's brand values and prepare field employees for rebranding activities such as branch remodeling, signage installation, new uniforms and unveiling ceremonies.
Dec 2003 - Feb 2005
Senior Client Communications Manager
Led the strategic development and tactical execution of the bank's client communications and sales support strategy for high net worth clients. Created direct marketing campaigns to drive acquisition, cross-sell, up-sell, and relationship management initiatives. Co-authored a newsletter to keep financial advisors and support staff informed and engaged of key business strategies, recognize top performers, share best practices, and communicate marketing program details. Supervised direct reports and creative partners to ensure consistent brand messaging across all communications channels.
- Generated $25 million in new home loan volume by designing and executing a multi-segmented direct marketing program that employed both direct mail and telemarketing to target three carefully defined sub-segments.
- Spearheaded the development and execution of a two-pronged lead generation campaign that achieved a 6% response rate. The campaign was the recipient of a Direct Marketing Association national award.
- Supported the Private Bank's client retention goals, and built its reputation as an expert in the wealth segment by developing and implementing a client/prospect quarterly communications program that featured personalized letters and white papers on topics such as wealth preservation, business succession, and charitable giving.
- Actualized the business's cross-selling objectives by implementing an education and communications program that was successful in generating referrals from Harris Bank's top echelon of retail customers.
Jul 2002 - 2003
Marketing Communications Consultant
Developed and managed internal and external communications programs concerning products, system conversions, organizational processes and regulatory changes affecting the Commercial Bank. Led cross-functional teams consisting of sales, marketing, product development, and customer service representatives that identified unmet needs and developed marketing materials that supported customer acquisition and retention goals.
- Implemented and executed an internal communications program throughout the Commercial Bank that employed e-mail, intranet, print/electronic newsletters, training sessions and presentations to communicate new product and product enhancement information across the business units.
- Enhanced sales effectiveness and direct expense reduction by organizing and managing web-based seminars and presentations and utilizing e-mail to solicit participation.
- Positioned the Commercial Bank as a thought leader by interviewing subject matter experts and authoring white papers on various topics of interest to corporate treasurers, controllers and cash managers.
Aug 2000 - Feb 2002
Designed and implemented internal communications programs for key business strategies and objectives to 5,000 U.S.-based employees and delivered them via CNA's corporate intranet. Led cross-functional teams on special initiatives to develop, implement and manage communication programs that achieved specific business objectives. Also, managed relationships with vendors, including printers, creative services, advertising agency, and public relations firms.
- Influenced employees to adopt the Six Sigma Quality Initiative by interviewing senior executives, writing articles and creating an intranet site that communicated the importance of this change management strategy.
- Reduced the Division's server storage costs by $1 million by designing and executing a company-wide campaign that proved successful in inducing employees to purge superfluous data from corporate servers.
- Launched an internal quarterly electronic newsletter to distribute timely information about sales/marketing resources, employee benefits, and training opportunities.
1997 - 2000
Senior PR Account Executive
Created strategic marketing, public relations and brand management programs for a variety of clients. Developed marketing collateral, created press kit materials, managed media relations, organized special events, wrote bylined articles and led media training. Also, oversaw the firm’s healthcare practice, which generated $200,000 in annual billings in 2000.