Music *History *Anthropology *Business & Marketing *Social Justice/ Human Rights, fairness & equality*Organizational Development*Communications/ Media-Art & Design*Traveling, exploring & learning about different cultures.
An entry level Organization Development/ Marketing Position for an institution where I can apply my organizational and programming skills, with opportunity for advancement. My experience in project and event management, as well as in Student Affairs, will be an asset to any institution; where I can apply my strong interpersonal skills and passion for creativity in marketing and organizational development.
Dean's List, SUNY Plattsburgh 2008
Music Award, Seton Catholic Central, 2005
I am currently employed as an office receptionist, at a large Orthodontic practice in upstate NY. However, I am still seeking employment with a company/firm where I am challenged and can use my experience, skills and education to better myself and that company.
I am ambitious and passionate, with an excellent work ethic. I am an innovative worker with creative skills from my unique music background. I graduated from SUNY Plattsburgh with a Bachelor of Arts degree. My major was music (voice).
I am able to work independently and easily self-taught. I have a passion for program development and event coordination; with experience specifically in a higher education environment. I have superior multitasking skills, with the ability to take on multiple high-priority assignments and develop solutions for issues or problems that arise. I have exceptional decision-making skills that strictly follow the policies of a particular institution. I strive to be a continually collaborative co-worker. Within the workplace, I exercise the value of communication and mutual support. I am extremely organized and perform all job duties at the highest level of integrity and confidentiality.
I have a broad range of job experience and skills in; marketing, programming, education, event coordination, administrative/clerical, music, entertainment and creative arts. I adapt to change and surroundings well and I'm a fast learner. I embrace any challenge, as a positive opportunity to improve my abilities. I have no doubt that I would be an asset to any institution/company, if I was given the opportunity for employment.
Dec 2012 - Present
Orthodontic Office Receptionist
Dean M. Bartlett DDS
Clerical/Administrative duties, insurance losses, & customer service.
*Scheduling orthodontic appointments and greeting patients who come to the office.
*Responsible for filing and retrieving patient records, responding to written and oral inquiries, answering the phone, taking messages and keeping up any databases the orthodontist may need
*Responsible for taking on & partly recruiting new patients; insurance, patient information, previous records, and scheduling the appointment. We are tracked with the number of new patients that we obtain and are given bonuses based on that number.
*Requesting and sending dental records and X-rays between offices
Discussing the types of insurance the practice accepts, the treatment options available as well as the credentials and the orthodontist's areas of specialty.
*Explain insurance losses/ consent for treatment forms and the HIPAA privacy and security regulations to the patients. Also sign as the witness for the authorization.
*Gather and accurately record insurance information from patients.
*Arrange patient charts and x-rays/panorex for the next day's appointments.
*Track cases and referrals to and from other doctors.
Oct 2009 - Oct 2010
Premier Designs Jewelry
Premier Designs Jewelry: Independent Distributor. October 2009-October 2010
• At home sales business. Responsible for all marketing, distribution and financial aspects of the business.
Sep 2009 - Feb 2010
Sales Associate, Talbots. September, 2009- February, 2010
•Basic sales associate duties; cash register and required to make sales quota.
•Additional duties included; building displays and shelves, creative sales & marketing skills.
Aug 2007 - May 2009
Greek Ally Project Coordinator
Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life Office at SUNY Plattsburgh
- Developed and presented educational training and programs to promote understanding and acceptance of sexual orientation issues in fraternities and sororities. Responsible for the program marketing, curriculum development, event coordination and presentation of modules to individual fraternities and sororities.
Aug 2008 - Sep 2008
Center for Fraternity/Sorority Life
Event Coordinator, Turning Away From Hate, with speaker T.J. Leyden. September 25, 2008.
• Collaborated with six other campus organizations to sponsor and fund this campus-wide event in the Angel Center Ballroom, September 25, 2008. Over 450 people attended.
• Recruited the nationally recognized speaker, T.J. Leyden. After 15 years as a neo-Nazi white supremacist, activist and recruiter, Tom "TJ" Leyden experienced a profound change of heart, turned away from hate and began teaching tolerance. T.J., is an ex-Marine who had a change of heart, became an educator and began speaking at more than 100 high schools, to various military groups including the Pentagon, at Hate Crimes Summits and to the FBI.
• As the GAP Coordinator, through the Center for Fraternity/Sorority life, I arranged co-sponsorship funding through grant applications.
Jun 2006 - Jan 2008
North Country Cultural Center for the Arts
- Marketed the program to the community using various strategies. Recruited parents to register for the class; developed & presented class demos to parents and teachers, and taught weekly classes.
Aug 2005 - May 2009
Bachelor of Arts
State University of New York at Plattsburgh
Music Major at SUNY Plattsburgh. Graduated with BA ( Music) in May of 2009.
Social Media/Technologically Proficient ,Mac and PC
Melissa Vest Office Receptionist Dean M Bartlett DDS Queensbury, NY 12804 Elliot Luscombe Masters of Social Work SUNY Albany 2011 Social Worker Brooklyn, New York 518-593-9367 Debbie McCormick Sale Associate at Talbots Chadds Ford PA 610-368-0726 Karen Kunze, Talbots Manager, Chadds Ford, PA. 484-680-1134 Allison-Swick Duttine, Director of Fraternity/Sorority Life & Organizational Development at SUNY Plattsburgh. 518-564-4825
• Students Against Destructive Decisions (SAAD), Winter, 2006 • College Auxiliary Services: CAS Grants Committee Board Member • Member, Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority, 2005-2008; Secretary, Philanthropy Chair. Community Service, Outreach programs, Fundraising, various philanthropies, and specific events for SUNY Plattsburgh and the Greek Community. Philanthropies: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital Sharsheret Humane Society Events: Hoops For Hope Relay for Life Up Til Dawn Greek Week Take Back the Night Participating in these events, as well as having the job as Event coordinator for some of them, were all on a volunteer basis. It was extremely gratifying and these experiences have helped shape who I am today.