Senior Marketing Manager, Digital June 2004 - Present
Recruited to manage online consumer marketing and increase membership for Reader's Digest's diet program, ChangeOne. Awarded additional responsibilities, including oversight of P&L for ChangeOne; P&L for the Books and Home Entertainment division; and management of the Reader's Digest Store. Report directly to the VP of E-Commerce.
- Oversee all aspects of online store, launched in 2006 in cooperation with the company's "Books are Fun" division. Store features up to 2,000 products, including books, magazines, artwork, music, DVDs, home and garden products and jewelry. Grew e-commerce revenues, jointly, more than 200% each year, from 0$ to $3MM.
- Manage online marketing, strategy, budgeting, P&L models, creative development, fulfillment and media negotiations for the Book and Entertainment's online sales efforts.
- Grew email database from 3MM to nearly 8MM in size.
- Oversee four e-newsletter programs for the company's flagship site, RD.com.
- Manage retention programs, email marketing and all other marketing initiatives to maintain subscription base for ChangeOne product.
- Initiated and created corporate-wide email best practices for all U.S. brands (RD.com, Rachael Ray, Purpose, Taste of Home, and others), including contact strategies, compliance issues and cohesive brand messaging. Presented guidelines to all divisions across the country.
- Led major database integration project, matching offline purchase behavior data with online data. New metrics allow for better analysis, segmentation and modeling.
- Created and developed the company's first-ever email database reporting system to better track and present monthly, and year-over-year, growth to executive management team.
- Renegotiated email service provider contract, saving company 72%, for a total of $800K.
IAC, INTERACTIVE CORP.
Marketing Manager March 2003 - June 2004
Product Manager April 2001 - March 2003
Assistant Product Manager May 2000 - April 2001
Promoted to take on increased responsibility in marketing, e-commerce and product management for iWon.com, Excite.com and MyWay.com. Reported directly to the Group Vice President of Direct Marketing, Database and Research.
- Recruited internally to supervise iWon and Excite loyalty and e-commerce programs, including iWon and Excite shopping channels, iWon Reward Points and iWon and Excite Cash Back programs.
- Managed $7MM budget and all financial reporting for Loyalty and E-commerce businesses, with a direct report into the Group Vice President of Loyalty Programs.
- Held direct oversight over "iWon Reward Points Store," which had more than 3,500 products ranging from electronics, jewelry, appliances, sporting goods, music, toys, food and flowers.
- Sourced, tested and selected all products in iWon rewards stores and shopping channels, managing relationships with more than 40 merchants and distributors, including Sony, Swiss Army, David's cookies, Vermont Teddy Bear, ProFlowers, Dole, Wenger and ICE.com.
- Directed seasonal rotation for merchandising specials, including forecasting inventory levels and managing on-site marketing and promotion schedules.
- Negotiated and selected pricing and margins, through competitive and historical data analysis, for all vendor relationships.
- Managed team in overseeing optimization of acquisition campaigns for over 60 publishing clients (including BMG, Time Inc. and Columbia House) for IAC's recently acquired lead-generation company - Targeted Media Solutions. Translated business requirements and provided customized solutions for each client, ahead of proposed schedules.
- Directed creative and production for client campaigns and oversaw post-campaign reporting and analysis for all clients.
- Developed comprehensive business reporting systems for Targeted Media Solutions product from the ground up and communicated regularly with clients to report on their campaigns' effectiveness.
Product Development Accomplishments
- Built and launched new feature channels, including Music, Celebrity Gossip, Radio, Lottery and Magazine Stand. Analyzed business requirements and coordinated product build-out from conception thru completion for each channel.
- Prepared and analyzed competitive and market data, in order to determine content, design, user-interface and programming essentials.
- Sourced and negotiated content deals with Lottery.com, Rolling Stone, Listen.com and AMI.
- Launched shopping channel on iWon, including sourcing third-party vendor, integrating co-branding strategy, evaluating product offering and overseeing on-site promotions.
Affiliate Operations Analyst July 1999 - May 2000
Network Authorization Administrator August 1995 - July 1999
Promoted to analyst position within the television division with a line report into the Director of Affiliate Marketing and Operations.
- Identified distribution opportunities and analyzed impact of sales incentives on distribution and Multi-Systems Operator strategies with respect to digital and advanced analog offerings.
- Developed web-based reporting tool for sales and senior management.
- Coordinated with Finance to institute Oracle Financial Analyzer for better reporting and budgeting. Trained divisional Directors and VPs.
- Saved company $250K annually by implementing new sport event blackout procedures.
Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT
Received MBA in 1999; BS in Marketing in 1994.