NorthCare Hospice & Palliative Care
Hand selected by ownership to execute high-level leadership role within organization. Assess needs of target population and provide guidance in creating viable solutions. Conduct financial and statistical assessment of the program, ensuring sustainability through fundraising and grant acquisition. Direct and supervise management staff, and serve as liaison between team and Board of Directors. Fulfill Compliance Officer responsibilities to oversee consistent adherence to state and federal regulations as well as ethical business practices.
- Opened and successfully grew Hospice House as just the third such care facility in the state of Missouri.
- Increased average daily number of patients served from 20 to 180+ (over 900% expansion) and designed infrastructure to support rapid, sustainable growth.
- Provide oversight of three specialized programs of care: Cardiac, ALS, and Advanced Lung Disease Program. Two are nationally recognized as innovative and effective care models presented at national conferences.
- Meet profit margin goals consistently and continue to actively identify and implement cost savings opportunities in the face of shrinking government reimbursement.
- Guided agency through acquisition by North Kansas City Hospital.
- Oversaw conversion to not-for-profit corporation, including 501c3 application.
- Gained skills in understanding and addressing public policy issues that impact industry.
- Invited to serve a second term on the National Hospice Organization's Public Policy Committee.
- Make yearly trips to the Missouri capitol and Washington, DC to advocate and educate our elected representatives on critical issues.