A highly motivated and detail-oriented professional seeking permanent writing, editing, and/or analysis related opportunities.Broad technical writing background in training manuals/materials for machine operations/maintenance. Interacts closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) to write accurate and user-friendly documentation. Strong grammar and editing expertise with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Equally effective working alone or as a cooperative team member. A persistent goal setter, project finisher, and skilled collaborator.
Sep 2008 - Present
Technical Writer/ CI Analyst
Kelly Engineering Resources/ Kraft Foods
- Developed training manuals & job aids for machine operators and mechanics, used in the certification of the two different skill levels at 6 facilities across the US reaching at least 3,000 employees
- Collaborated with team of writers in the development of US Biscuit style manual and standardized numbering system to facilitate usability, standardization and management of training manuals
- Leveraged best practices through 100% travel across the network to facilitate continuous improvement
- Led POG computer system changes used to track process control, transforming over 1,000 testing parameters for approximately 50 product varieties, ensuring clarity of test instructions to operators
- Conduct Measurement System Analysis (MSA) testing across 3 shifts of over 30 operators per production line to achieve one of the Three Sigma requirements for certification and ensure operators understand test procedures
Sep 2007 - Feb 2008
- Achieved high accuracy in scheduling Sears advertisements for over 25 newspapers weekly
- Excelled at writing for the company newsletter released monthly reaching over 300 associates discussing internal relations
- Addressed emergency issues during holiday season by initiating clear plans of action to ensure advertisements ran as desired
- Entrusted with maintaining accurate information in company’s internal database system of over 500 newspapers to ensure ad placements went through with the least amount of communication issues
May 2006 - Jan 2007
Shipping and Receiving Customer Service
Throughout my college career I received temporary work assignments at OfficeTeam. Suncast Corporation asked me to return twice for work assignments:
- Initiated and developed training manual through in-depth research to provide guide for incoming employees at a company that manufactures over 1,000 outdoor products
- Engaged fast-paced problem solving skills to expedite prompt delivery of consumer goods
- Consulted with trucking companies to organize scheduling of pickups to properly fit the customers’ needs
Aug 2003 - Aug 2007
Bachelors of Science
Northern Illinois University
CorelDRAW is a vector graphics editor. I'm currently learning how to use it and it's a great learning opportunity.
Adobe Photoshop is a complete digital photo-editing program.
Adobe InDesign is used to design professional layouts for print and digital publishing.
Minitab 16 Statistical Software
Minitab 16 is the leading statistical software for Six Sigma and quality improvement.
Perfect for creating flow diagrams.
GIMP Image Editing
Similar to Photoshop, GIMP Image Editing is used for editing and manipulating photos/graphics.
FastStone Capture is used to make effective screen captures to use as graphics.