Capital Region Business Enterprise Centre
In August 2000 I commenced as Manager and Business Facilitator with the Capital Region Business Enterprise Centre (CRBEC), formerly the Queanbeyan BEC - a position I held for two years. This multi-function role encompassed many facets, including:
- Business facilitation (including providing):
- Business operational advice to existing firms;
- Advice on staffing, marketing, costing and financial management;
- Regular mentoring of developing business owners; and
- Start up regulatory information to small business intenders.
- Hosting a monthly networking breakfast - and growing this from 100 to 180 attendees.
- Authoring a regular newspaper column and writing and publishing a regular newsletter.
- Ongoing maintenance of web site (including content and technical management).
- Representation of the organisation by way of networking and media.
- Regular reporting to government departments (State and Federal) and funding bodies.
- Liaison with local government and the local business community.
- Liaison with Queanbeyan Council senior officers including Economic Development Manager.
- Coordination and liaison with regional, state and national BEC network.
- Management of the organisation (an incorporated association) and reporting to the not-for-profit voluntary Management Committee.