Business Development Manager
Star Group of Companies
- An electrical, communications, AV and rail signalling contractor servicing managing and fit-out contractors, consulting engineers and end users within government, health, defence, banking and finance, education, mining, transport systems retail and utilities markets
- Working collaboratively with a team of division managers to develop and execute highly responsive business development strategies and cultivate significant profitability and market penetration Designing and leading compelling presentations and sales pitches to construction, consulting engineers, government and end users.
- Identifying new business development opportunities through networking, observation of new developments and researching of media and industry sources resulting in profitable contracts for the Star Group.
- Planning and managing client focussed events for top tier contractors including Brookfield Multiplex, John Holland, Leighton Contractors, Lend Lease, Watpac and Hansen Yuncken Drafting and submitting detailed and accurate EOI documentation and capability statements for construction, consulting engineers and end-users including defence, government, banking and finance, retail, mining, transport systems and utilities.
- Collating and interpreting large volumes of information to manage the lifecycle of the tender process and secure cost effective bids Spearheading innovative strategies to establish new growth within the mining industry.
- Demonstrating a complete understanding of cabling standards as well as Ethernet, LANs and WANs
- Instrumental in securing a 15M+ contract for the Boggabri Coal Handling Plant and $10M+ ADFA Redevelopment for Richard Crookes.
- Prepared the bid proposal to secure the ECI (Early Contractor Involvement) for the seven stations fit-out for North West Rapid Transit - Expected revenue in excess of $30M
- Won projects with organisations such as Philips, NSW Parliament House, Genworth, Morgan Stanley and HCF ranging from $500k to $2M.
- Influential in gaining Fujitsu as a strategic account generating $1M-$2M per year for the last 8 years.
- Specified Star Group as a preferred contractor for the following organisations generating more than $2 million per year: They include Department of Education, IBM, Citibank, Woolworths; South East Sydney Area Health; JP Morgan; University of Technology of Sydney; University of Newcastle; Macquarie University and Correctional Services.
- Main driver in becoming a panel contractor for delivery of rail signalling services for Adelaide Metro. Expected revenue 2.0 Million per year.
- Led, compiled and co-ordinated the construction team and other stakeholders to deliver the winning submission for National Electrical Contracting Association(NECA) awards in 2013 for the Royal North Shore Hospital Redevelopment.