Hypertension and Diabetes Nurse Consultant
Georgia Department of Public Health
- Assists the cardiovascular program manager and the diabetes and vision program manager with activities aligned with performance measures of Cooperative Agreement 1305: State Public Health Actions to Prevent and Control Diabetes, Heart Disease, Obesity and Associated Risk Factors and Promote School Health, CDC-RFA-DP13-1305.
- Develops clinical protocols, quality improvement measures, and quality assurance guidelines for hypertension and diabetes management in public health districts across Georgia.
- Collaborates with the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University to provide public health nurse training prior to implementation of the hypertension and diabetes nurse protocols.
- Identifies medical equipment needs and provides resource allocation through a procurement process.
- Develops a fee-schedule for diabetes management based on Medicare fees.
- Creates patient education brochures for hypertension, diabetes, healthy eating habits using the DASH eating plan, and physical activity.
- Serves as a hypertension and diabetes subject matter expert to health care professionals and program managers in the Georgia Department of Public Health, local partners, and national networks.
- Creates and delivers in-person and webinar presentations to a variety of external and internal audiences around hypertension and diabetes management.
- Serves as a nurse planner for the State Office of Nursing to assist in facilitating educational activities and complete application packets for nursing continuing education credits.