Hypertension and Diabetes Nurse Consultant
Georgia Department of Public Health
- Assisted the cardiovascular program manager and the diabetes and vision program manager with activities and reporting of performance measures for Cooperative Agreement 1305: State Public Health Actions to Prevent and Control Diabetes, Heart Disease, Obesity and Associated Risk Factors and Promote School Health, CDC-RFA-DP13-1305.
- Revised clinical nurse protocols for hypertension and diabetes management in adults.
- Developed a quality improvement plan and quality assurance standards for hypertension and diabetes nurse protocols.
- Collaborated with the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University on the development of a didactic program to train public health nurses, prior to implementation of the hypertension and diabetes nurse protocols.
- Identified medical equipment needs and allocated resources through the state procurement process.
- Developed a fee-schedule for diabetes management using the Georgia Medicaid Management Information System (GAMMIS) portal.
- Created patient education brochures for hypertension, diabetes, healthy eating habits using the DASH eating plan, and physical activity.
- Served as a hypertension and diabetes subject matter expert to health care professionals and program managers in the Georgia Department of Public Health, local partners, and national networks.
- Created and delivered in-person and webinar presentations to a variety of audiences on hypertension and diabetes management.
- Served as a nurse planner for the state office of nursing to facilitate educational activities and completed application packets for nursing continuing education credits.
- Reviewed Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) grant applications and prepared technical review documents.
- Drafted, edited, and negotiated contracts.
- Completed training and obtained a certificate through the Diabetes Training and Technical Assistance Center (DTTAC) at Emory University to develop national, state, or community-based Diabetes Prevention Programs (DPP).