Have a working knowledge of data collection and data reporting methodologies. My job requires me to turn data into useful information, which is easily understood and adds value to the recipient of the information.
• Work with other senior consultants/consultants to deliver and manage caseload of benchmarking
projects, including the following tasks:
o Collection, analysis and validation of data
o Onsite (throughout the APAC region) data verification including face to face meetings with
client staff to ensure consistent application of Tribal benchmarking methodology
o Prepare and deliver (supported by Senior Consultants) onsite feedback presentations to
client senior managers
o Write reports.
• Support the maintenance and development of the benchmarking application through:
o Data-cleansing of client source data
o Reviewing and updating of outputs and metrics to ensure market relevance
o Product development work through liaison with software developers
Job and Person Description
Consultant, APAC Benchmarking, QAS, Benchmarking
Not Protectively Marked Last Updated: 25 October 2018 Page 2 of 2
• Contribute to business development and sales by identifying opportunities for further business
from existing clients and passing those opportunities to Senior Consultant or Managing Consultant.
• Maintain accurate records, using internal management systems (e.g. AX2012), of project costs via
timesheets and expenses (according to Tribal expenses policy).
• Timely and accurate management and delivery of a number of benchmarking projects
• Responsibility for own professional development with the aim of improving project delivery;
evidenced through peer review, reporting of training needs etc.
• Achieving an exceptional level of rapport with clients as evident through the client’s engagement
through, and response to, feedback presentations
• A high level of repeat business gained from existing clients
• Consistently willing to “go the extra mile” for clients, evident through client satisfaction and / or
client satisfaction survey scores
• Consistent contribution to product development in conjunction with the consultancy team and
the software development team
• Careful management of project delivery costs, evident though consistent application of the Tribal
expenses policy, and accurate weekly timesheet submissions.
- continue to evaluate LDC products and services, including developing new tools to improve the evaluation insight
- measure, consolidate and provide customer-focused reporting of evaluation data
- assist with projects to evaluate development interventions across the system
reporting and analytics
customer focus and relationship management - working with communications manager to deliver the following
business innovation and development
- evaluation of LDC’s products and services
- feeding back evaluation findings into business decisions
- biggest achievement in this space was redesigning the evaluation framework to streamline questions and gather benchmark data
Introduction to Agile - Boost New Media, Wellington
Delivering data-driven insights for communication and decision-making - Victoria University of Wellington
Using data: Discovery, analysis. visualisation and decision-making - Victoria University of Wellington
Resilience: mastering your own wellbeing with Dr Sven Hansen, Founder of The Resilience Institute
Using data isn't a technical problem, it's a cultural one with Lilian Grace, CEO Figure NZ
Available upon request.