Karla Guandia (949) 943-7372Product Manager firstname.lastname@example.orgOrange County, CA linkedin.com/in/kguandiaPRODUCT MANAGER | PROJECT MANAGER
Energetic and creative leader with an extensive product management experience and a comprehensive marketing and business development background in OEM environments and consumer goods. A solid background in technology, marketing, sales and operations. Exceptional communications and decision-making, across an entire organization.
ACCOUNT MANAGER 2010-Present
OneDIA Marketing: Portola Hills, CA
Consumer Goods | SaaS.
Create, implement, and oversee strategic marketing efforts for numerous clients. Lead brand development, active participation in trade shows, and design of e-commerce website wireframes. Client's industries includes: food & beverage, sporting goods, educational products, horticulture, and art.
• Plan, develop, coordinate and conduct various marketing research activities to identify customer preferences, trends and attitudes to enhance products and services.• Analyze industry to create a consistent messaging that aligned with the overall business strategy.• Coach client on how to manage, maintain, attract and service their audience through social media tools such as: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Yelp, LinkedIn and blogs.• Work with printers, vendors, programmers, developers and technicians to develop marketing collateral programs and initiatives, including tradeshows.
SALES & MARKETING MANAGER 2009 – 2009
Livio Technologies: Corona, CA (Company Shut-down)
Coffee Management Software, provider of roasting solutions (Start-Up)
Directed marketing efforts to raise awareness of company products and services. Developed and coordinated product requirements, prototypes and beta programs for selected customers.
- Worked with developers and end users to create user-friendly and intuitive displays for each module within the program
- Established strategic vertical market partnerships and worked collaboratively with developers and management to determine product life-cycle strategy and marketing programs
- Managed price and forecast for national and international accounts
PRODUCT MANAGER 2007 – 2008
First American Title Corporation: Santa Ana, CA (Mass layoffs 2008)
Fortune 500 company, provider of Residential and Commercial Title Services
Strategized product life-cycle (SDLC) and corporate branding of four software products.
- Defined and prioritized features for the development team. Ran beta sites and trained business units. Managed price, forecast and inventory.
- Saved $10 million annually by printing 25% or 2 million packages of the entire printing activity of the company with a print distribution center (patent pending) called REAL TIME MAIL (SaaS). Enables customers to design their package characteristics and submit their package in one-click to numerous production print centers across the country. The business complexity and specific state regulations rules were all part of the integration in the back-end of the product to fulfill state wide requirements.
- Worked with software development teams and internal departments to implement customer enhancements in a timely manner and conducted return on investment for all projects.
- Managed the development and architecture of EaglePro, SharePoint and Automated Title software products. Provided internal and virtual training for the release of new features.
PRODUCT MANAGER | international customer manager 2006 – 2007
Dioptics Medical Products (Foster Grant): San Luis Obispo, CA (Relocated to Southern California)
Optical and Medical, Sunglasses Consumer Goods Manufacture
Promoted product development, product positioning and branding responsibilities in order to introduce safety glasses into new national and international markets.
- Specified market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research through regular visits to customers and potential customers
- Introduced over prescription sunglasses and safety glasses in Latin America while managing and analyzing price, forecast, inventory, brands, logos, beta customers and training
- Engaged with vendors and the sales team at national and international level to determine the correct mix of products and requirements to be introduced in each segment
Sales & Marketing Associate | PRODUCT MANAGER
Performance Technologies/Intel Corporation, San Luis Obispo, CA 1994 – 2006
Embedded Telecommunication SolutionsSupervised the communication between departments to ensure inventory, sales, and production goals were on target. Negotiated contracts and coordinated logistics with a third party vendor to transfer the Customer Service of the STD 32 product line while monitoring finished goods and authorizing transfers to an outside warehouse.
- Created $2.9 million sales with a 72% profit margin by researching, formulating and implementing strategic marketing, sales & product plans for end-of-life (EOL) product line.
- Provided worldwide customer service to all national and international accounts by acting as the primary interface between Development, Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing and Customer Support, through all stages of product design and roll-out
- Produced highly detailed requirements documents for Engineering Team and enable in compliance with ISO 9000 and ISO 9001
- Embraced the responsibility of over 150 products for all areas relating to: inventory replenishment, product shipments, pricing, forecasting, engineering support, vendor relations, samples and demand.
- Initiate the “Slimfast” inventory project that contributed to 10% reduction of a one million dollar inventory.
- Determined product life expectancy by reporting on major accounts and developing recommendations at Sales & Operations Planning meetings to optimize build-to-order/build-to-forecast process
- Supported the Sales force by creating reports, managing sales orders, analyzing territory and vendor performance, creating quotes & RFQs, and assisting in the management of key accounts.
B.S. in Agricultural Business, concentration in Marketing
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA
Current card-carrying member of Project Management Institute (PMI), PMP class certification
Computer Skills: SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Photoshop, SharePoint, Outlook, ISO9001, Version One-Agile Methodology.
Launched Product Camp Southern California February 2010 at UCI Irvine and directed social media efforts for November conference 2010 at Cal State Fullerton
Volunteer for the Over the Hump Series Irvine, CA - Season 2010 & 2011
Experience Unlimited - Volunteer Marketing Special Projects Sept. 2010-2011
OC Marketeers-Board Member Feb. 2011-Present
Social Media Mastermind Orange County-Member