Senior Account Executive
Hill & Knowlton Australia
My role was a combination of driving and supporting the execution of day-to-day account activities for healthcare/pharmaceutical and entertainment client campaigns. Key projects/clients worked include GlaxoSmithKline, Peplin Inc (skin cancer treatment) and SonyEricsson.
- Client Service: seeing projects through from inception to completion and ongoing client liaison (keeping client abreast of all project activities and influences via phone, email, meetings and formal reports) while ensuring high quality standards at all times.
- Media Relations: strategically sell-in stories to the media, organise interviews, identify relevant story angles, respond to journalist requests, monitor/evaluate media coverage.
- Budget Management: research costs for potential projects, develop client budget proposals and create monthly client budget-status reports and invoices.
- Develop Communication Materials: research, prepare and write effective program elements, ie press releases, video news releases, client reports, media reports, pitch reports/presentations and brief client speeches.
- Build a Network of Industry Contacts: develop and nurture positive relationships.
- Event Management: organise press conferences, industry meetings (mini-conferences), exhibition stands, political/corporate working lunches (involving, separately, the Aust. Prime Minister and the former Health Minister) and participate in the organisation of various music events such as Delta Goodrem's album launch and Night Tennis.
- Talent/Celebrities: responsible for securing relevant VIP talent attendance to large-scale client events and responsible for developing a celebrity database for all H&K staff use.
Reason for leaving: I accompanied my husband to the UK (temporary relocation). I also decided to return to senior executive assistant work.