Feb 2009 - Present
Marketing Manager - Americas
- Plan, direct and execute regional marketing campaigns and GTM plans for global product launches and activities.
- Build and manage corporate brand identity from the ground up throughout Americas region by establishing brand positioning, promoting brand awareness and protecting brand integrity throughout marketing, PR and sales channel initiatives.
- Lead strategic planning and implementation of product, brand and corporate PR campaigns and initiatives through various targeted programs including media outreach & placement, entertainment and online marketing, social media, sponsorships and fashion & lifestyle media focused events.
- Consult with global marketing team and agencies, providing regional feedback to shape the direction and development of all creative (concepts, elements and assets) including mood boards & ad layouts, creative direction for product and lifestyle images, product naming, packaging, logotype, taglines and overall marketing presentation.
- Align with retail partners to create cohesive retail marketing programs and initiatives to promote sell through.
Jun 2007 - Present
- Working on projects that include marketing plan development, re-branding, product launch, advertising and promotions.
- Project: Swift Denim Re-Branding/Re-Launch Worked on B2B marketing strategies, re-branding the company, and re-working/re-launching the product line, all in an effort to appeal to premium design houses and manufacturers and attract a more high-end customer base.
Aug 2008 - Feb 2009
Marketing Manager (contract)
Managed all levels of channel marketing during 2H08, a four product launch period resulting in Pantech's (PWI) most successful half to date.
- Product Launch - Worked directly with AT&T counterparts on marketing campaigns (AT&T's first Quick Messaging campaign) and development of all product launch materials
- Developed all POS/Sales Collateral
- Launch Kits - Brochures, Promo Cards, Tear Pads, Dummies
- VIP Kits
- Box Art and Inserts
- Spec Sheets - Data Sheets, Job Aids
- POS - Counter Cards, Standees
- Advertising campaigns and marketing programs
- Defining key messages and selling points
- Produced strategic Sales and Marketing plan presentations and competitive analysis materials
- Sample Phone Allocation and Distribution
- Web Portal Development
- Drove development from concept to completion
- Directed front-end creative as well as back-end functionality concepts
- Created Incentive and Reward program
- Implemented product education through interactive database
- Crafted intuitive user interface
- Instituted New Sample Phone Management Program
- Proposed new system to enhance efficiencies across all areas touched by sample phone distribution including cost, time, reporting and sales opportunities
- Directed and Supervised agency projects and relationships
- Ad Agency - Launch Materials, POS and VIP Kit development
- PR Agency - Product review and media planning
- Web Development - Pantech USA website and Pantech web portal
- Experiential Marketing Agency - OOH non-traditional marketing campaigns
Oct 2004 - Jun 2007
Marketing Communications Manager
- Defined, delivered and managed consistency of Nokia’s presence and key messages for all sales support purposes including industry trade shows and events, in an effort to create overall market awareness around Nokia’s product portfolio and global thought leadership.
Result: BAE Systems deal developed as a result of our presence at 2006 Milcom show.
- Worked on GTM Plans for North American marketing programs including internal and external launches, kick off events, press/analyst events, end-to-end solutions, supporting executive keynotes, collateral/promotion development, and co-marketing programs, while successfully building and managing strong relationships with internal and external partners.
Result: Nokia Flexi Base Station won the Technology Award for Best in Show at CTIA 2006, its North American launch, driving product and brand awareness.
- Worked cross-functionally with device team on promotions and joint marketing efforts to create end-to-end marketing solutions for national and regional tradeshows, events and meetings.
- Served on Product Placement team as business unit representative, developing brand strategies, evaluating proposals from the entertainment community and creating innovative co-marketing programs to best expand brand initiatives. (e.g.: licensed packaging, interactive games, pre-loaded video movie trailers on limited edition phones).
- Supervised agencies and wrote creative briefs for custom and market specific promotional items and collateral pieces (white papers, brochures, spec sheets, etc), managing process from concept to completion, maintaining branding guidelines and elements.
- Trained in Nokia branding strategies, guidelines and elements in order to maintain Nokia’s Top 5 Global Brand integrity.
- Managed major event and trade show program, calendar, budget and post event analysis, while supporting all customer segments across NET North America (NAM).
Result: Consistent 5% budget savings.
Result: Consistent Target - Maximum customer satisfaction scores.
- Created monthly dashboard of marketing metrics to both analyze and show KPI’s as well as ROI on marketing dollars spent, and to increase awareness of Marketing’s contribution to NAM’s business results.
- Developed Internal Marketing Program utilizing current marketing channels, as well as identifying and instituting new mediums to maximize internal awareness (e.g.: quarterly national e-newsletter, intranet website development/mgmt, the TUBE, Lunch N Learn sessions, email and SMS blasts).
Jul 2004 - Oct 2004
- Supervised promotions agencies and wrote creative briefs for creation and development of all customized marketing materials and promotional items.
- Managed CXO level customer facing national and global events attended by Nokia Area Leadership Team members, including annual Cingular ERM and CMUG.
- Implemented comprehensive monthly e-newsletter for regional Nokia Networks employees.
Feb 2004 - Jun 2004
Project Manager (contract)
- Facilitated various direct mail campaigns, from proofing to completion.
Result: Elevated response rates and increased overall client revenue.
- Planned, coordinated and executed internal social and business events, including ABIA annual conference.
Mar 2002 - Jan 2004
Global Marketing Communications (Sports Marketing Agency)
- Managed major motor sports client sponsorship contracts and event programs (NASCAR, CART, IRL, Formula 1) including over 20 domestic and international programs for a Fortune 50 telecommunications client.
- Ensured clients received all sponsorship entitlements per their association contracts.
- Scheduled and managed all celebrity appearances for customer events in the motor sports industry.
- Maintained budget compliance for million-dollar hospitality program
Result: Consistent savings of 10% to client.
- Managed site selection and supplier contracts for client events.
- Created ticket allocation and distribution program, including on-line registration and post event reporting for leading aerospace client.
- Volunteered on behalf of agency to assist in the planning, coordination and sponsor recruitment of the 2003 Leadership Conference and Distinguished Service Award Banquet with Special Olympics Georgia.
Sep 2000 - Sep 2001
Project Manager (contract)
- Managed major condo conversion project for two apartment complexes consisting of over 300 apartment homes combined.
Result: 150% improvement on timelines and delivery.
- Creation and management of timeline for delivery on all stages of conversion, including demolition, installation of all flooring, tile, cabinetry, windows, countertops, and appliances, as well as vendor/supplier management and follow through.
- Developed and delivered weekly status reports to company president and board members, including action plans for any outstanding issues.
- Wrote and organized all community door drops and monthly resident newsletters.
Mar 1999 - Sep 2000
- Facilitated media/press kits and visits, including co-authoring press releases, touring media throughout hotel and organizing the filming and photo shoots.
- Directed quarterly direct mail campaign to potential customers/clients.
Result: Over 2500 new business leads.
- Coordinated and executed hotel sponsored events such as Australian Wine Dinner, Holiday Tales and Tea, and The Ritz-Carlton Club Re-Opening.
- Took on additional responsibility of selling hotel Millennium packages
Result: Generated 45% of the hotel’s total revenue for New Years' Eve 1999.
1994 - 1998
Bachelors of Science
- Dean’s List 1997 & 1998
- Pi Beta Phi Sorority - Corresponding Secretary 1996, Arrow Correspondent 1997
- Tallahassee Democrat: Jan 1998 – Dec 1998 (Local Newspaper – Knight Ridder publication)
- Event Planning Intern: Volunteers of the Year, Big Boys' Tech & Toy Show, March of Dimes WalkAmerica Participants: 250 – 6,000.