My mission is to serve as a catalyst for growth, economic development & community recovery -- conceiving, implementing & leading business development & marketing communications strategies that enable individuals, start-ups & established organizations to exceed goals & expectations.
- The "GULF COAST MARKETPLACE - an e-commerce solution for community recovery".
- Louisiana economic & workforce development.
- Gulf Coast disaster and coastal recovery.
- Contributing to the success of others.
- Assisting individuals and families who have been impacted by disaster to live and work in the community of their choice.
- Linking challenges-to-solutions, needs-to-opportunities.
- Mentoring, coaching, teaching, team-building.
- Music. Food. Family. Friends. Sports. (in no particular order)
May 2004 - Present
Strategic Planning & Marketing Consultant
INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENTNow focusing on real-time marketing & strategic planningAs an Associate with BEAM PARTNERS, LLC, I directed the development of a marketing communications system and campaigns for the launch of a Medicare Advantage health plan. Initiatives included: the development of marketing P&P’s; branding and direct response ad campaign development, implementation and compliance; interviewing candidates for full-time positions; overseeing market research, website development, inbound telemarketing and fulfillment for the January 2010 plan launch. Throughout 2009, I also provided marketing advice and counsel while contributing to corporate communications and website development for NATIONWIDE ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTIONS, LLC. I now serve as an independent Marketing Associate. NES provides an effective, affordable, long-term solution in the battle against toxic-mold spores, most viruses and bacteria.As an independent consultant and full-time contracted employee (2004-2005), I provided marketing strategy for LHC GROUP, INC., contributing to brand enhancement, a successful public offering and a 28.3% increase in annual net services revenue for this Louisiana-based post-acute healthcare company now operating nationwide. I automated the production and distribution of sales and marketing materials to meet the individual needs of over 350 locations while maintaining corporate brand integrity (see "Pittman Visual CV" above). Coached customer services representatives. Visit www.lhcgroup.com.Immediately following Hurricane Katrina (2005-2006), I provided integrated marketing communications solutions for the launch of several post-disaster healthcare initiatives provided by the ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW ORLEANS CATHOLIC CHARITIES.
Sep 2010 - Present
Director - Gulf Coast Marketplace
Linking need-to-opportunity, challenge-to-solution in Louisiana & the Gulf Coast. The mission of the GULF COAST MARKETPLACE is to contribute to community recovery by providing opportunities for economic growth and financial independence to individuals and families, especially those impacted by disaster.The Gulf Coast Marketplace, www.thegulfcoastmarketplace.org, is as an online marketplace for hand-crafted products & services. Still a work in progress, this virtual marketplace will serve as an economic stimulator for the region, while promoting & celebrating the rich diversity of cultures & talents that exist throughout Louisiana & the Gulf Coast.Options for Independence, a non-profit social service organization, provides services & support for people experiencing barriers to recovery & success in their communities. Among our many services, Options delivers case management, crisis counseling & outreach for those impacted by the Gulf oil spill and other disasters that challenge Louisiana & the Gulf Coast. OPTIONS WORKFORCE PARTNERS, a division of Options For Independence, provides, promotes, & expands employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities & other barriers to employment. An alternative staffing organization (ASO), Options helps motivated, disadvantaged individuals participate & succeed in the mainstream labor market through temporary & temp-to-perm job placements.Options works in partnership with business & industry toward a diverse & inclusive employment community that leads to self-sufficiency & decreases reliance on tax supported programs & services. In collaboration with local, regional & state economic & workforce development efforts, we identify labor market opportunities & help low-skilled, unemployed & disadvantaged individuals to access them.
Jul 2011 - Present
Marketing & Business Development
Provided marketing commmunications strategy and support for JEDCO and their cutting-edge new Business Innovation Center at Churchill. The BUSINESS INNOVATION CENTER is designed to assist in the development of business start-ups and early-stage companies by providing them with the advantage of lower operating costs, interaction with other entrepreneurs and direct interaction with business experts and resources. Early-stage growth businesses enjoy ready access to JEDCO's resources and expertise by locating their business within the Business Innovation Center or by participating remotely in the incubator program. As an additional benefit to incubator tenants and remote participants, the Small Business Development Center Greater New Orleans Region will have an office at the Business Innovation Center to assist early-stage businesses.It’s not just a great facility, it’s a program designed to connect business innovators, market experts and capital providers to transform business ideas into viable business ventures. The Business Innovation Center at Churchill provides an atmosphere in which start-up businesses can survive and prosper. Our programs – including consultations, seminars and courses, a virtual tenant program, and other outreach programs – are available to Churchill tenants as well as member businesses throughout the Southeast Louisiana region.JEDCO is an independent, yet complementary arm of Jefferson Parish government with the main objective of attracting, growing and creating new business in our area. JEDCO's mission is to drive wealth creation through entrepreneurship, quality jobs and investments.
Jul 2006 - Sep 2008
Director of Marketing
A 41,000+ member Medicare Advantage administrator with customers throughout New Orleans and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Earned URAC Accreditation in 2008.
- Developed and orchestrated direct response marketing strategies that contributed significantly to member retention and 30% net membership growth for the 2007 and 2008 Annual/Open Enrollment Periods. Generated 20,000+ sales leads and added over 10,000 net new members. Direct-response marketing efforts contributed to a 7% market share increase.
- Integrated marketing communications campaigns consisted of print ads, television, direct mail, radio, outdoor advertising, online advertising and targeted community relations/grass roots strategies. Each precisely targeted element was linked to a distinct phone number. Responses and leads generated were tracked, analyzed and adjusted regularly (daily, weekly) to maximize ROI.
- Developed the 2009 Annual/Open Enrollment Marketing Plan. Implementation of strategies began in October 2008 and concluded on March 31, 2009.
- Visit www.peopleshealth.com
2001 - 2004
Director of Marketing Communications
HMO market leader. #1 Top Private Company, New Orleans CityBusiness, 2002, 2003 & 2004. NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance) “Excellent” Accreditation status awarded in 2002.
- Developed and led the implementation of 2002, 2003 and 2004 integrated marketing communications plans.
- Sales and marketing efforts contributed to a $72 million net turnaround: Following a two year net loss of $34 million (prior to hire date), OHP posted net income of $37.8 million over the next three years.
- Annual Revenue increased by $170 million, 32% in three years: FY2003 = $703.8 million (+$19.9 million from previous year). FY2002 = $683.9 million (+$124 million from previous year). FY2001 = $559.9 million (+$25.7 million).
- Integrated marketing communications efforts contributed to increase in market share by 28% from ‘01–‘04, from 30% to 38.5%.
- 2002-2004 advertising was sourced directly to 76,417 calls/30,267 leads/14,078 approved applications and $42.8 million in new revenue.
- Re-positioned the brand of this once struggling HMO and increased brand awareness by 100%, ‘01-‘03, 2nd in market only to Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Contributed to an increase in member satisfaction by 29.3% from 1st quarter 2001 to 4th quarter 2003 while decreasing annual printing & distribution cost by 33.5%.
- Increased phone volume sourced to direct response marketing by 47.4% from ‘02 through ‘03.
- Managed all public/media relations, internal/external communications and printing/distribution. Controlled an annual budget of over $4 million. Reduced annual printing/distribution cost by over $600,000.
- Successfully branded and launched several new products and services, including Total Health OHPtions, KidsFirst HMO and OHP Medicare Supplement.
- Developed www.OHPnow.com website in conjunction with OHP’s e-commerce strategy. Increased monthly site hits by 628% and unique visitors by 87% from ‘02 to ‘03.
- Per-objective, contributed to overall membership increase by 12.7%, 23,000, from ‘01-‘03.
- Supervised a staff of 8, including two managers. Introduced a Summer internship program
- Named 2002 Advertising Person of the year: Marketing Director by the ADVERTISING CLUB OF NEW ORLEANS for demonstrating in the eyes of peers, outstanding professional achievement and contributing significantly to the advancement of advertising in New Orleans.
1999 - 2001
Senior Field Promotions Manager
Contributed to the success of AstraZeneca by increasing access to targeted customers and promotional effectiveness at the local level. Supported three Regional Directors, six District Sales Managers and 50 sales representatives located in five Southeastern US states.
- Promoted from Field Promotions Manager to Senior Field Promotions Manager (‘01).
- Developed and implement strategies to provide “win-win” marketing, business development, physician and patient education solutions for targeted customers.
- Effectively controlled budget for Professional Relations and Education Programs and value-added solutions for the New Orleans Customer Unit in ‘99.
- Managed quality assurance of information, education and services for customers.
- Championed national marketing strategy – responsible for educating and informing sales representatives about national product marketing communications strategy and data.
- Exceeded all target bonus and annual merit increase business objectives.
- Earned ASTRAZENECA PHARMACEUTICALS’ Great Chemistry and Sales Value Proposition Awards for increasing access to key customers.
1986 - 1999
Marketing, Communications and Business Development Professional
Tenet Healthcare System, Sisters of Charity Healthcare System, Archdiocese of New Orleans Catholic Schools, West Jefferson Medical Center
Provided strategic planning, customer relationship marketing, branding, internal and external communications, public relations, media relations, writing, desktop publishing, coaching, mentoring, advertising, and compliance.
Sep 1979 - May 1986
University of New Orleans
- Host, Campus CloseUps video news magazine. Aired on local cable network.
- Director/Writer, UNO Video Productions.
- Writer/Reporter, Driftwood Newspaper.
Team Building, Teaching & Coaching
Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM)
Direct-Response Marketing/Lead Generator
Integrated print and direct mail campaign targeting Louisiana State Employees.
Integrated print and direct mail campaign targeting Louisiana State Employees.
Full-page ad in Times Picayune and Baton Rouge Advocate.
One of 20 in a rotation.
Integrated print and direct mail campaign. One of several testimonial postcards.
One element in a transition campaign from OHP to Humana.
This variable data design was developed for corporate brand consistency, marketing local home health agencies.
This variable data design was developed for corporate brand consistency at the local level. It targeted referral sources.
COMING JULY 2011...the e-commerce solution for community recovery. Together we can harness the talent of our creative cultures and convert that power into fuel for economic prosperity. John Barrios, a LA craftsman, is featured in the attached video. His crafts will be available for purchase through The Gulf Coast Marketplace.
Co-founded the Metairie Mudbugs USSSA Baseball Club in 1993. Fred Peer, The Peer Group, worked with me on the logo, jersey and hat design.
Carilion Clinic Medicare Health Plan :60 direct-response television. Part of an integrated branding/direct-response marketing campaign also consisting of print, outdoor, website development, media relations, direct mail and radio for the launch of this health plan.