City of Long Beach
Responsible for developing and implementing model sustainability programs for the City of Long Beach.
- Strategic Planning: Manage the Sustainable City Commission and lead the process to produce the City’s Sustainable City Action Plan, which was approved by the City Council in February 2010.
- Budget & Grant Management: Manage an operating budget of $529,627, a $4,397,500 Department of Energy grant, a $108,025 AQMD Tree grant, a $350,000 citywide sustainability strategic initiatives fund, a SCE Local Government Energy Efficiency Partnership, and a revolving energy efficiency fund.
- Policy Development: Develop policy recommendations for the Sustainable City Commission, Planning Commission, Parks and Recreation Commission and the City Council and craft sustainability policies and ordinances related to green purchasing, green building, low impact development, and water efficient landscaping.
- Project Management: Manage green projects that further the City’s Sustainable City Action Plan, leading projects through the planning, design and implementation phase, partnering with internal staff and directing contractors and consultants.
- Leadership & Staff Development: Manage four administrative interns to assist with policy research and supervise over 20 summer youth as part of the Low Impact Development Academy.
- Communication & Outreach: Establish the Sustainable Long Beach brand and communication plan, write press releases and plan press events, produce annual green report card, make monthly presentations at Commission and Council meetings, neighborhood/community group meetings and staff city events.