Experienced professional seeking progressive employment opportunities in Marketing and Brand Management.
Brand Management / Market Research / Strategic Positioning/Tactical marketing
Talented, results-producing Marketing Professional with a proven record of accomplishment in planning, product portfolio development, contract negotiation, leading cross functional project teams and comprehensive marketing strategies in support of business goals and objectives.
Expertise in directing the creation of marketing tools and steering the execution of marketing programs. Leadership skills; able to build and guide marketing teams. Adept at communicating with management, vendors, and internal departments to coordinate overall marketing efforts.
·Strategic & Tactical Marketing
·New Market Penetration
·Brand Creation & Awareness
·Market Research & Analysis
·Marketing Collateral Development
·Team Building & Management
·Direct Marketing Programs
Jun 2007 - Oct 2009
Deputy General Manager
Cobra Indian Beer Pvt. Ltd.
Define strategy for and develop, execute, and manage comprehensive marketing plan encompassing integrated marketing initiatives designed to penetrate and grow targeted markets. Communicate with customers, management, internal departments, and vendors to coordinate overall marketing effort in accordance with corporate goals. Plan and carry out market research and analyses. Play integral role in product development activities. Prepare and manage central marketing budget. Vendor management for marketing items and gift collaterals. Providing direct support to the CEO.
- PAN India launch of Cobra Premium beer & King Cobra beer in new packaging supported with electronic media campaign with synergized BTL support.
- Launch of 500ml cans for Cobra Premium and King Cobra beer.
- Combined annual volume of 1.9 million cases in the second year of operations.
- Developing systems and procedures for smooth functioning between Marketing & Sales.
- Creation of internal design cell for design and development of POS material.
- Increased new-product revenue from zero to $50,000 within one month by spearheading creation and implementation of highly effective marketing campaign.
Jul 2005 - May 2007
Product Owner & Strategic Associate
Developed and managed a wide range of products (dietary supplements) for companion pets & children. Primarily responsible for identifying new trends and products, feasibility study of the trends and products identified, development and sourcing of products from India for sale in UK and US thru direct to consumer and retail channels.
Developed and managed a wide range of marketing tools, including promotional materials, direct-mail pieces, and Web site content. Defined and evaluated product marketing collateral and programs. Maintained communication with management to ensure marketing activities aligned with business goals. Provided product training and direction to marketing associates for inbound and out bound calls.
- Launch of entire range of dietary supplements for companion pets along with a dedicated website for pet supplements. Successfully maintained and increased client base by recruiting pet owners as customers across various business units.
- Planned and led execution of direct mail advertising campaign for companion pets.
- Increased new-product revenue from zero to £42,000 within one month by spearheading creation and implementation of highly effective launch campaign.
May 2003 - Jun 2005
Manager - Brands
Allied Blenders & Distillers Ltd.
Worked within a team environment to carry out a full range of marketing functions for Officer’s Choice as an umbrella brand for Whisky, Rum, Brandy & Beer. Assisted in Web site development and communicating marketing programs. Developed creative print and point of sale marketing collateral. Provided direct support to General Manager - Marketing.
- The brand registered a growth in sales volume from 3.49 million to 3.90 million for the whisky variant.
- Launch of New Packaging for Officer’s Choice Whisky.
- Successful launch of Officer’s Choice Beer in up-country Maharashtra
Feb 2000 - Mar 2003
Deputy Manager Marketing
Radico Khaitan Ltd
Appointed in commercial dept, demonstrated immediate talents upon hire and excelled quickly to become recognized by management as key member of marketing team. Played a dual role of Asst. Manager Marketing & Commercial managing inventory and production planning across 8 distilleries in India. Contributed the idea of apple juice as a surrogate product that proved effective in delivering overall message to overcome the ban on liquor advertising.Independently developed and launched a pan India whisky brand as Deputy Manager.
- Introduction of new packaging for 8PM whisky.
- Conceptualization, design and development of packaging for Special Appointment whisky which was awarded the India Star 2002 “Classic Vintage Design” by the Indian Institute of Packaging and nominated for Asia star & World star awards.
- Independent and successful launch of Special Appointment whisky across India.
- Launch of Old Admiral Brandy with Tactical pricing and descriptor. Brand became the market leader in 8 months of operation.