Application Developer and Project Manager with 20 years experience developing leading-edge technologies seeks a challenging position where my skills can be of benefit.
When not in front of a computer...
I enjoy both the accoustic and electric guitar. I also picked up the bass along the way. Combine that with a drum machine and an old 4 track recorder, and I enjoy recording my own music. Nothing professional, just for sharing amongst friends.
Over 20 years experience in the employee benefit and financial services field as both an application developer and project manager.
Defined Benefit Administration
- Managed complete SDLC of defined benefit calculation systems and interactive self-service retirement planning systems. From initial client contact through system development to final system install.
- Defined Contribution Recordkeeping – design and development of 401(k) related websites. Developed voice activated system for 401(k) participant management. Lead designer of plan sponsor reports as well as participant statements.
Health & Welfare
- Architect of touch screen annual benefit enrollment systems. Lead developer of OCR annual benefit enrollment system. History of building solutions for enrollments, reporting, and administration of various benefit plan types.
- Design of touch screen and web based investment and financial advisory interactive systems. Linked application to risk assessment systems, fund performance reporting systems, and account management services.
Jun 2006 - Feb 2009
Programmer Analyst II
Acquired Invesmart, Inc. in June 2006.
Programmer analyst who managed and contributed on projects that integrated Invesmart applications into Standard Insurance systems.
- Transitioned Invesmart client data to Standard Insurance servers..
- Managed projects that upgraded VB6 applications to .NET technology for increased productivity.
- Managed update of electronic document filing system (FileNet) that resulted in increased user abilities and ease of document retrieval.
- Designed 401(k) administrative reports delivered to clients each quarter, detailing participants usage of the available investment options.
- Designed 401(k) participant statements for plans transitioning to a new administrator.
- Participated in first development team that followed a new corporate wide software development life cycle (SDLC).
Major Technologies Used:
Visual Studio .NET 2005 ♦ Visual Studio .NET 2008 ♦ Crystal Reports 11 ♦ SQL Navigator ♦ TOAD ♦ Oracle 9i ♦ Oracle 10g ♦ MS SQL Server 2000.
Jan 2000 - May 2006
Sr. Systems Analyst
Parsons McKee Sommers & Company was acquired during the initial phase of Invesmart's start up.
Sr. Systems Analyst who implemented procedures to coordinate 12 independent offices acquired in the start up of Invesmart into one nationwide entity.
- Managed full cycle development of Defined Benefit administrative systems, from initial client contact to application install.Clients included The Timken Company, Oglebay Norton Company, and Lubrizol Corporation.
- Designed customized annual benefits enrollment systems – using technologies that included interactive touch screens and OCR systems.
- Designed internet based retirement modeling systems that calculated retirement income that included Social Security, pensions, 401(k), 403(b), and personal savings.
- Assisted in the creation of a web-based interface for 401(k) account management, that was both internal and external facing.
Major Technologies Used: VB 6 ♦ Visual Studio .NET 2003 ♦ Visual Studio .NET 2005 ♦ Crystal Reports 8.5 ♦ Crystal Reports 11 ♦ Oracle 9i ♦ MS SQL Server 2000 ♦ MS Access
Apr 1988 - Dec 1999
Parsons, McKee, Sommers & Co.
Systems Analyst who developed applications used in the employee benefits services area.
- Developed interactive voice response 401(k) account management systems.
- Designed touch screen interactive systems covering areas of retirement planning, annual benefits enrollment, financial planning and document research.
- Constructed windows based Defined Benefit Administrative systems.Clients included The Cleveland Clinic, National City Bank, Children’s Hospital Medical Center of Akron.
- Ported mini-computer pension calculation systems to PC environment. Clients included The Greater Cleveland Hospital Association, Community Health Partners, and Humility of Mary Health Partners.
- Designed company’s first internet presence.
- Led Y2K team in identifying applications effected by the change to a new century.All applications were modified accordingly, resulting in zero downtime, and no date related errors.
Major Technologies Used:
Wang minicomputer ♦ BASIC ♦ Borland C++ ♦ Paradox ♦ VB 3 ♦ VB 5 ♦ Crystal Reports version 4 and 5.
Dec 1986 - Apr 1988
Production Control Associate
Mainframe operations support. Tape library management. Document processing.