Senior Executive with 20+ years of broad and progressive global experience across diverse functional areas, multi-industry segments, and emerging markets. Brings decisive, strategic leadership and exceptional business acumen to complex, fast-paced situations in innovative industries. Rapid career growth and increased responsibilities reflects an ability to establish business priorities, adapt quickly to change and achieve key business objectives.
Executive Performance Overview
- Strategic thinker, adept at taking highly complex organizational issues, partnering to develop and execute cost efficient and innovative business solutions.
- Fiscally prudent and financially responsible with strong P&L experience, budgeting and financial analysis capabilities.
- Accomplished change agent with proven track record of driving enterprise change and leading transformations leveraging organizational change management techniques to sustain stakeholder engagement, promote positive user experience and influence employee adoption.
- Excellent people leadership abilities and strong understanding of organizational dynamics related to the creation and motivation of teams for successful execution.
- Strong technical knowledge displayed in utilizing cloud technologies and SaaS models for systems while leveraging LEAN Six Sigma methodologies to drive process redesign, continuous improvement and operational excellence achieving business strategies and delivering consistent results.
- Energetic personality, hands on approach, team oriented management style with effective collaboration and partnering skills.
Highlight of Achievements
- Developed HR transformation strategy for systems and services that will save $4 million annually and enhance services and improve service levels
- Successfully implemented a global learning management system (Cornerstone on Demand) to replace a 12 year old Plateau system that was out of support
- Assembled an in-house global learning services team to provide 24/5 support of new LMS and extract from existing ACS learning services
- Deployed Taleo on-boarding in China with current plans underway to deploy on-boarding to India, Taiwan and South Korea, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Russia, UK and Germany....eliminating manual process and improve accuracy
- Implemented Taleo recruitment management system replacing Peopleclick. Reengineered innovative processes to improve data accuracy in SAP & Taleo. Created Req central team to reduce errors in req creation from 60% to 0.5%
- Successfully managed the separation of Motorola HR systems and services for two public companies with a smooth transition and minimal disruption
AMN Healthcare, San Diego, California
AMN Healthcare is the nation’s largest provider of comprehensive healthcare staffing and workforce solutions. AMN Healthcare recruits and places healthcare professionals with clients throughout the United States.
SVP Operations & Professional Shared Services June 2013 – Present
Consultant - Operations & Professional Shared Services March 2013 - May 2013
Leading the operational redesign of the professional services organization for service delivery effectiveness and operating leverage. Implementing Business Process Improvements using Lean Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement as quality and productivity improvement levers.
- Leading a team of 225 with an additional 150 team members in a matrix reporting structure
- Managing an annual budget of $15+ million
- Accountable for global Payroll, Customer Service, Contracts, Billing, Time Processing, Housing, Travel, Business Operations, Accounts Receivable, Housing & Travel Accounts Payable and Business Process Improvement teams
- Re-designed the Shared Services organization for functional alignment that supports standardized, consolidated business processes, elimination of silos and operating costs efficiencies
- Implemented innovative business processes resulting in an annual reduction of write offs $1m
- Deployed stringent audit processes ensuring that unbilled revenue is tracked, eliminating $3.5 million in outstanding unbilled revenue balances improving cash flow and DSO
- Implemented KPIs, Metrics and balanced scorecards for decision support
- Improved accuracy and timeliness, significantly reducing customer service issues and enhancing the overall customer experience and ease of doing service with AMN Healthcare
- Designing and implementing a tiered service delivery model that improves resolution cycle time and promotes a superior user experience improving customer retention and re-books
- Drive organizational harmony by identifying barriers for success and eliminating silos
- Responsible for prioritizing, analyzing and directing all activities within Customer Support Services
AVON Inc., Manhattan, New York
Avon is a leading global beauty company with nearly $11 billion in annual revenue. As one of the world's largest direct sellers, Avon is sold through 6 million active independent Avon Sales Representatives in over 100 countries.
HR Technology & Shared Services Consultant November 2012-February 2013
- Tasked with improving and optimizing the outsourced HR shared services model through business process redesign
- Presented plans to migrate from PeopleSoft to WORKDAY HCM SaaS platform to improve service levels and drive down support costs and Total Cost of Ownership
- Developed and presented business case for Workday that EC approved resulting in implementation of Workday HCM replacing legacy PeopleSoft platform
MOTOROLA MOBILITY, Libertyville, Illinois 2010 - 2012
Motorola Mobility Inc. (MMI), a Fortune 250 company with 2011 sales totaling $13 billion and 20,000 employees operating in over 50 countries, is recognized around the world as a leader and innovator in wireless and broadband technology.
Sr. Director HR - Global HR Technology, Shared Services and Operations
Report to CVP MMI People Services, leading Global Enterprise HR Technology, Shared Services and HR Operations of 70+ professionals supporting 21,000 employees and 14,000 contingent workers across 40 countries and 105 locations. Responsibilities included:
- Successfully executed separation of HR Systems, Services, Ops and resources of Motorola Inc. into Motorola Mobility (MMI) and Motorola Solutions (MSI)
- Established strategy for global HR Transformation addressing Policy, Process and Platforms to improve service levels, reduce costs and enhance user experience.
- Developed insourced offshore strategy for global HR systems support, services and operations post 10 year outsourced contract leading to cost reductions from $14+ million to $7.5 million with deployment of newer technologies and significant advancements in processes and service delivery.
- Collaborating with senior leadership and global COEs for Talent Management, Compensation, Benefits and Regional VPs of HR to implement global programs.
- Managing global shared services that include Payroll, Benefits, Operations, HR Technology and Data Privacy including SOX compliance.
- Successfully implemented and deployed recruitment (Taleo), On-boarding (Taleo), Integrated Talent Management (developed offshore), Learning system (Cornerstone), HR Case Management and Organization Charting.
- Instrumental in the development, deployment and support of R3 process that includes weekly meetings with senior leadership team to review, analyze and strategize on Recruiting, Requisitions and Retention
- Currently Program director for replacing SAP BI, HR Data warehouse and SAP HR as global system of record with innovative SaaS based WORKDAY HCM to include global tracking of contingent workers, absence management and compensation planning.
- Partnering with the CIO to reduce HR application footprint from 169 pre-separation to 25 strategic enterprise applications by 2013, driving down costs and service
- In conjunction with global HR Transformation initiative, redesigning business processes for efficiency and alignment to business strategy and footprint leveraging 'LEAN' Six Sigma Process improvement and KAIZEN methodologies.
ITT Corporation, White Plains, New York 2000 - 2010
ITT Corporation is a $12B high-technology engineering and manufacturing company operating on all seven continents in three vital markets: water and fluids management, global defense and security, and motion and flow control.
Director, Enterprise HR 2006-2010
Reported to SVP HR, and led the Global Enterprise HR Technology, Process Operations and Shared Services direct staff of 7 and matrix staff of 25+ professionals to support 41,000 employees across 300 worldwide locations (17+ languages; 10 currencies). Responsibilities included:
- Collaborated with senior leadership and Global Centers of Excellence for Inclusion & Diversity, Leadership & Learning, Benefits and Compensation to implement global programs at the corporate level.
- Managed Shared Services for N.A. Payroll and Benefits, China Payroll, HRIS/HRMS, HR Budgeting and SOX compliance.
- Directed application development, implementation, training and Global HR User support for Online Performance Management, Continuity Planning, Compensation Planning, Learning and Organization Charting. Facilitated business process redesign utilizing LEAN/Six Sigma Process Improvement and KAIZEN methodology.
- Responsible for the strategic planning, alignment, governance and delivery of all HR technology products and services.
- Overall Project management owner for global HRMS implementation. Plan, execute, and finalize HRMS project in accordance with ITT HR Strategic Plan and Corporate COE functions to meet scheduled deadlines and budgets.
- Successfully led global team to architect, develop, deploy and support global Performance Management System for 44K employees in 12 languages.
- Project leader of Enterprise Learning platform for 44K employees in 12 languages and partnered with global HR teams to deploy largest enterprise application.
- Designed and developed global Compensation planning system with multi-language and currency capability streamlining planning for MIP, SIP, merit, long term incentives and other profit sharing plans.
- Conceptualized HR portal for enterprise E-HR applications. Collaborated with functional owners for requirements, branding, access, security and prioritization.
- Managed $2M annual budget being under budget for 3 consecutive years.
- Effectively managed offshore development partner to architect, develop and deploy customized proprietary applications.
- Maintained strong, effective partnerships with functional project teams and conduct risk analysis to mitigate exposure and ensure project success.
ITT Industries, Electronic Components Division, Santa Ana, CA
Electronic Components is a $900 million annual revenue international supplier of connectors, interconnects, cable assemblies, switches, dome arrays, keypads, multi-function grips, panel switch assemblies, I/O card kits, smart card systems and LAN components, as well as a provider of high-speed/high-bandwidth network systems and services.
Director Global Sales Operations2005-2006
Manager E-Business 2000-2005
Reported to the Group VP Sales with global responsibility for ITT Electronic Components customer service initiatives, sales operational improvements and improving channel partners and strategic key customers line of sight to ITT Electronic Components products, services, orders and delivery status. Managed a direct staff of 15 and 100+ team of globally dispersed customer service professionals and responsible for developing and communicating the Sales Operations and Customer Service strategies and implementation of service excellence programs across Asia Pacific, Americas and EMEA. (18 global locations, 12K employees across 15 countries with 7 languages and 10 currencies)
- Promoted a vision of service excellence and developed strategies to drive service, revenues and profit through improvements in Channel Partners and accurate real time information to distributors and the channel.
- Actively engaged and partnered with customers and used voice of customer to identify opportunities for service improvement.
- Designed and implemented a regional Shared Customer Service model to improve service delivery and reduce costs.
- Successfully relocated Customer Service from Singapore and Hong Kong to Shenzhen for servicing Asia resulting in 30% improvement in First Call Response, 20% reduction in head count and 30% improved service cycle times.
- Leveraged technology as a critical enabler of process efficiency and business growth, working closely with Global Sales leaders to support internal and external customers.
- Developed New Business Opportunity system to improve data quality and pipeline
- Led implementation of Siebel CRM to improve relationship management, key account management, forecasting and targeted selling strategies in order to achieve business goals.
Early Career History: NetServ, Principal-VP & General Manager-1996-2000; Procom Technology, Regional Sales Account Manager-1994-1996; Hyatt Hotels, Director Convention Services-1990-1994