• Web based solutions• Effective design
Solutions oriented web developer with an eye for detail and over 15 years of experience in the effective creation and execution of leading edge web based software services and products. An innovative thinker with exceptional problem-solving and decision making skills and the proven ability to conceptualize solutions to challenging circumstances. Self-starter who specializes in the design and implementation of inventive IT solutions that implement practical, cost-effective plans. Able to guide and mentor others.
Areas of expertise include:
• Web Based Development
• Web 2.0
• Work Flow Solutions
• Production Systems Architecture
• Software Development Lifecycle
• Problem Analysis and Resolution
• Software Testing and Troubleshooting
• Agile Development
• Software as a Service
• Database Management Systems
Sep 2005 - Present
Co-Founder and CTO
• Design and implement dozens of custom innovative IT system infrastructure solutions for small to medium sized organizations, including ERP systems, order processing and tracking with successful delivery targets of two to four months time. Provide simple, effective web based results at low cost and rapid implementation. • Manage deployed solutions for existing customers, maintaining a high standard of quality for all architected solutions.• Create customized solutions allowing customers to improve their business operations, reduce backlog and recover outstanding revenue.• Architected and deployed a successful ERP solution which handles $50 million annually; built in six months time and has been operating for over two years.• Pioneered a successful and innovative consulting business model which has excelled around SaaS; operating with very low overhead.
2006 - Present
Occasionally I'll pick a project that I feel I can have a significant impact on, I try to make someone's life easier.
Aug 2005 - Oct 2005
• Worked on a small team delivering a functional prototype for a web based trades accreditation tracking system.
Apr 2002 - Aug 2005
• Implemented a standardized Health Level 7 (HL7) interface for MediPatient+, a patient registration and tracking system. Documented and consolidated the system over 14 variants across multiple versions.• Designed, built and coordinated a testing framework for MediPatient+ HL7 output and developed extensive documentation for interface clients.• Evaluated interface issues, provided support for users and worked with specialists in other provinces to implement new customers.• Developed and deployed in two months time a medical records mashup that collated client information from several medical systems into a user friendly dashboard display.• Lead the prototype development team on document creation and management system. • Successfully managed work in a geographically distributed environment, with project co-workers in several different cities and clients all across Canada.
Nov 2001 - Oct 2002
Free Lance Web Developer
• Built custom web applications, registration forms and online stores. Completed a study on eStores solutions, integration of credit card processing and shipping.
Dec 1995 - Oct 2001
• Lead the development team with managing systems integration, provided technical support around the setup and maintenance of workstations and servers, and improved operations with the implementation of servers, hosted applications and templates.• Architected a dot.com in 1995 well before servers in a box or hosted services were popularized, and collaborated with the marketing departments to deliver online marketplaces.• Mentored team members in web development techniques and languages at a time when these services and products were not mainstream.• Participated on management team, assisting with company planning and annual budget preparation.
May 2000 - Jul 2000
• Approached to write: Beginner Guide to Cold Fusion, targeted at novices and non-developers.
Jan 1999 - Apr 1999
• Taught Microsoft Access development in Visual Basic for Application as a night class to approximately 25 students.