- Bellevue Ky
Currently the Percussion Instructor at Anderson High School along with Brandon Minor and Morgan Minor. Received 1st place at the tri-state indoor percussion championships in 2013.
General Music Teacher for Newport Middle School (Newport, Ky.)
I was in charge of teaching general music to students 6-8th grade.
I was the music teacher for 6th District Elementary ( Covington, Ky. )
I taught K-5 and was also the chorus teacher at Sixth District Elementary School.
Percussion Instructor at Shelby Valley High School. I arranged and taught the batterie and the front ensemble.
I was the percussion instructor for Harrison County High School, and was also a student teacher at this school. Their I integrated new percussion techniques resulting in several awards that year.
Percussion Instructor throughout the school year and through the summer of 1998.
Drumming, history, camping, hiking/walking, work, and friends.
- Tours throughout U.S. with Fifth on the Floor
- Tours throughout U.S. with 500 Miles to Memphis
- Toured throughout U.S. and England with Moth
- Toured with Morehead State University to China, Chicago, Ohio, Kentucky, and Arizona. Morehead's percussion ensemble received top honors at the Percussive Art Society in 1995 in Pheonix, Arizona.
- Performed with Bob Becker(internationally renowned artist and a member of Nexus).
- Performed with Chalo Eduardo(Brazilian percussionist).
- Performed with Gordon Stout (internationally renowned marimbist).
- Opened up for acts such as Violent Femmes, Angels and Airwaves, and Trace Adkins, and many others.
- Was featured in Modern Drummer's online blog as drummer of the month!
- Innovative Percussion endorser
- Aquarian Drumheads endorser
- Co-owner and endorser of Queen City Drums
Kevin Hogle has been a working professional drummer/percussionist for over 15 years and has recorded, toured and played with several Nationally / Internationally known recording artists including Shooter Jennings, Lydia Loveless, Kasey Musgraves, David Rhodes Brown, Kelly Thomas, Kelly Rickey, V-Mob, Foxy Shazam, Moth, and Acumen among others. Kevin currently is a full time member of 500 Miles To Memphis hailing from Cincinnati, Ohio, and Fifth On The Floor from Lexington, Kentucky.
Some of my favorite drummers that I have listened to and studied over the years, and who have helped me shape my own musical style, are Peter Erskine, Dave Weckl, Steve Gadd, Vinnie Colaiuta, John Bonham, Stewart Copeland, Josh Freese, and Dennis Chambers. Disciplined practice of their styles has allowed me to form my own style and approach to drumming, and that has allowed me to perform, tour, and record with artists in several different genres.
Versatile and dedicated individual who has an ambition to succeed in any given environment. As an educator I can provide a sound learning environment while using innovative techniques to promote education.
Information on David Rhodes Brown can be found at: