TIBCO Spotfire, Somerville, Massachusetts · 2010-2011
SENIOR PARTNER MARKETING MANAGER, CHANNEL SALES
Drive efforts to expand Spotfire partner base, while designing/delivering high-impact international sales and marketing programs for existing partners. Maximize product knowledge through development and execution of quarterly sales training boot camps.
- Significantly expanded partner base (from 38 to 220) in just 9 months, while gaining top 5 Google search placement. Developed Spotfire partner portal using open source software.
- Improved partner success potential through development of detailed onboarding materials, as well as by enabling creation of Spotfire micro sites.
- Optimized interest in partnership opportunities through creation of targeted marketing tools, including creation/execution of partner recruitment webinars and publication of partner case studies, as well as a 2011 Partner Program Guide.
- Further expanded reach by leveraging social media and releasing an updated Spotfire Partner section on TIBCO corporate website. Co-presented partner solution at TIBCO International Users Group (TUCON).
Sybase, Inc., Concord, Massachusetts · 1993-2009
TECHNICAL SYSTEMS DIRECTOR, CHANNEL SALES (2006-2009)
Spearheaded technical and sales activities for Mirror Activator product that deters component failure and provides 100% operability for 24/7 relational database management environments. Played key role as relationship manager for EMC Select Partners, while initiating relationships with major technology firms. Ensured ongoing customer satisfaction by collaborating with partners and providing technical expertise to develop solutions and eliminate issues.
- Boosted revenue opportunities by building solid relationships with top vendors, including EMC, IBM, HP, Sun, Hitachi, and Symantec.
- Negotiated rules of engagement and lead tracking systems for joint sales force efforts.
- Managed and tracked partner pipelines from lead to closure.
AREA TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (2003-2006)
Captured aggressive revenue ($38M target), expense, and customer satisfaction objectives through planning and leadership of pre-sales technical support operations for all states east of the Mississippi and Canada.Collaborated with Territory Sales Manager to develop and execute dynamic business strategy. Delivered key expertise to customers - provided detailed product roadmaps and ensured product satisfaction, as well as delivery on IT goals. Optimized team success by providing training and mentoring technical support staff. Controlled allocation of internal and external resources, including those from the corporate office.Selected Highlights
- Managed all pre and post sales technical resources for area providing customer solutions.
- Territory maintained an average 15% growth in customer installed base each year.
- Increased number and frequency of local user groups throughout the territory.
- Developed and maintained partnerships to perform joint sales efforts with major hardware vendors.
- Created and delivered local sales seminars in key area cities each quarter.
- Supported reseller and partner sales efforts throughout the area
REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER
Northeast Commercial Major Accounts and North American Inside Sales (1995-2002)
Led team of technical sales engineers covering accounts in New York, New Jersey, and New England with combined license and consulting revenue of $24M; also managed group of inside technical sales engineers driving North American annual sales of $174M.
- Managed both field and inside sales technical pre and post systems consultants.
- Honored as Offensive Player of the Year and named to North America Technical Director Circle of Excellence (2000). Managed the largest team of technical resources
- Selected to Presidents Sales Quota Club every year from 1993-2000.
- Recognized with Northeast Area Excellence Award in original position as Principal Systems Consultant (1993-1995) supporting Northeast customer sales.
CAREER NOTE: Previous roles as Business Partner Manager, Network Computing, Product Manager, and Senior Technical Product Manager for Computer Corporation of America.