Director of Product Managmenet
SpotXchange, with over 400MM video auctions per day is the second largest global marketplace of video ad inventory behind Google/YouTube according to comScore. Our auction based environment is real time and fully transparent allowing advertisers to reach key audience segments with video advertisements and at the same time allowing publishers to monetize the visitor traffic to their site(s). All of this is achieved through a robust set of programmatic buying and selling features.As the Director of Product Management at SpotXchange it’s my job to drive new product creation and existing product feature enhancements to the SpotXchange product line. From working hand in hand with software engineering to launching products with our marketing team, product management owns the go-to-market strategy, an all encompassing process. I have also had the honor of building and launching SpotXcange’s first consumer based offering, called SkipIt. SkipIt is a video ad skipping technology platform giving consumers the choice to skip video advertisements online for a small fee.
- Championed the on time launch of the first business to consumer offering in the SpotXchange product line called SkipIt.com. SkipIt makes over 20MM video ads skippable on a daily basis giving consumers the choice to skip video ads when they want for a small fee.
- Led the creation of a formal product offering process that current and future product ideas are evaluated against.
- Currently working to bring SpotXchange's first mobile linear video ad offering to market in 2013 for all handheld and tablet devices including the ability for users to skip mobile video ads with the SkipIt technology platform.
- Create go-to-market strategies including roadmap creation and market and financial ROI models to gain key stakeholder buy-in based on data analysis for B2C and B2B product initiatives.
- Spearhead the product creation process including capturing product requests, vetting ideas against product vision and strategic priorities, assessing development level of effort, product launch project management and post-launch retrospectives.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with customers and industry partners to understand market trends, pain points and to seek out competitive advantages by attending trade shows, conferences, Meetups, customer visits and business development meetings.
- Facilitate 3rd-party negotiations for technology integration based on a build/buy/partner analysis and work with legal council on user terms of service and privacy policies.
- Act as the product owner, creating thoughtful user stories, prioritizing the product backlog and acting as the customer proxy for internal questions and feature regression testing.
- Play the role of Product Marketing Manager in conjunction with the marketing team to create, press releases, white papers, website brand pages, webinars and updates to product offering decks.