Kenneth S. Folberg
Certified Public Accountant
1387 Keup Road, Grafton, Wisconsin53024
Phone:262.388.9726, E-mail: email@example.com
Energetic executive with international experience as a finance, operations, accounting, administrative and information technology leader with a proven track record of leading significant, successful business transformations.
Significant Industry Experience:
Technology, manufacturing, distribution, professional services, transportation, retail/wholesale, employment staffing, import/export, government contracting and consumer products.
ARI Network Services, Inc. (OTC: ARIS.OB) - Milwaukee, WI
$20 million business-to-business software development and technology company
7/08 – 6/09:Vice President of Finance, Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Secretary
- Maintained operating profitability during very difficult economic times.
- Initiated innovative pricing program, producing dramatic turnaround in sales.
- Created a forward-looking management reporting dashboard.
- Reduced time to close to 6 days from 6 weeks.
- Executed and integrated 3 strategic acquisitions, adding 33% to annual revenue.
Manpower, Inc. (NYSE: MAN)- Milwaukee, WI
$20 billion global employment staffing and services company
7/04 – 7/08:Global Finance Program Director
- Responsible for directing global business process and technology initiatives.
- Planned, evaluated and executed technology-driven business transformations in 14 countries in Europe, Asia and the Americas, including shared services, resulting in improved reporting, efficiency and control.
- Designed and implemented global project methodology.
Resources Global, Inc. (Nasdaq: RECN) - Milwaukee, WI
$800 million global professional services company
5/01 – 7/04: Contract Interim Chief Financial Officer and Controller
Served clients such as Waste Management, Roundy’s, Inc., Constellation Energy and WPC Brands, Inc. in the capacity of Interim Finance Executive for terms of 4 to 24 months. Served each client on a contract basis to assist with significant changes in these organizations. Worked as an integral part of each company’s management team.
- Interim Finance Director - Integrated the finance operations of an acquired $600+ million company into its new parent company.
- Interim CFO – created and executed ownership exit strategy for a manufacturer.
- Interim CFO – led post-acquisition integration of new subsidiary.Designed and implemented Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) processes.
KatyGifts Home and Garden Decor, LLC. - Cedarburg, WI
10/99 – 12/01 Founder and President
- Created an import, wholesale, retail and e-commerce distribution company.
- Gained start-up experience. Built team across multiple locations.
Piggly Wiggly Midwest (fka Nasdaq: SAVO) - Sheboygan, WI
$600 million wholesaler and 112-store supermarket operator
4/90 - 9/99 Vice President - Corporate Controller, Logistics and Labor Relations
- Led accounting services, distribution operations and human resources.
- Created export operations resulting in nearly $1 million in annual revenue.
- Supervised and prepared complete SEC filings and tax returns.
- Chief labor negotiator for agreements with 22 Teamster & UFCW bargaining units.
- Negotiated unprecedented joint credit agreement with two major regional banks.
- Redesigned coupon processes, reducing accounts receivable by $2.5 million.
- Deployed technology and process changes resulting in efficiency gains yielding annual savings of over $2 million and reducing storage needs by 30%.
- Converted unused storage capacity to revenue-producing public storage.
- As General Manager of a 78 unit contract carrier subsidiary, converted transportation cost center into an entity producing over $200,000 in annual incremental operating profit.
Deloitte & Touche, LLP- Los Angeles, CA and Milwaukee, WI
$27 billion global audit and consulting firm
6/86 – 4/90 Senior Accountant and Consultant
- Designed and mapped business process flows and inventory systems.
- Significant audit clients included manufacturers, defense contractors, distributors, construction contractors, real estate companies and retailers.
- Performed M&A due diligence, operating plans and forecasts.
United States Air Force - U.S. and U.K.
3/79 – 3/85 Computer Operations Supervisor
- Supervised various computer operation centers.
- U.S. Air Force Space Command Airman of the Year.
University of Maryland, University College
Master of Science – International Management
University of Southern California
Bachelor of Science – Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Six Sigma Green Belt trained
- Treasurer, Mequon Library Board for 5 years
- Ice hockey team captain since 1996
- Head Coach for U-19 hockey and softball teams for 4 years
- Private Pilot and Captain, U.S. Civil Air Patrol
- Available for worldwide relocation and/or significant travel