Department of Veterans Affairs
Develop intake, reformatting and troubleshooting processes for the electronic fax (eFax), Virtual VA (VVA), Veterans Management Benefits Systems (VBMS). Analyze data and workflow to evaluate the efficiency, productivity and effectiveness of organizational processes and trains staff on the application of new system procedures. Assists in the orientation, training, and mentoring of new employees providing instruction, answering questions, and reviewing processes to correct deficiencies. Point of contact for virtual records implementation, transferal, and management. Exclusively manage the new eFax system and processes within the Office of Management, Planning, and Analysis. Lead various qualitative and quantitative research efforts for an assortment of special projects. Works closely with senior staff in surveying available marketplaces for new technologies to support modernization efforts and provides demos of IT solutions that would increase organizational productivity (e.g. Adobe Pro, cloud based storage, wireless scanners, etc.) Accurately and efficiently apply research, aggregation, and data entry techniques utilizing organizational systems and databases (e.g.VACOLS,COVERS, SHARES) to initiate, track, update, and manage Veteran records. Apply full working knowledge of federal and departmental regulations, policies and standards (VA 38 C.F.R.). Identify organizational privacy violations including FOIA and HIPPA confidentiality violations. Conduct in-depth analysis of all evidential incoming correspondence to ensure the complete development and adjudication of appeals. Communicate verbally and in writing with multiple external and internal stakeholders including attorneys, Veteran Service Organization Representatives, adjudication officers, medical facility personnel, VA Regional Offices, veterans' benefit counselors, and veterans to resolve complex issues and concerns. Securely track files and inventory for all claims files according to appeals processes. Compose letters, spreadsheets and memorandum for Veterans, appellant representatives and administrative staff.
- BVA Chairman’s Award Recipient RE: Virtual systems processes development, training and troubleshooting
- Annual evaluation results: “Exceptional and Outstanding”
- Voluntarily drafted extensive SOP for new Virtual Benefits Management System correspondence and reformatting processes
- BVA 7th Annual Excellence in Leadership Awards - “Emerging Leader Award” nominee
- NextGen Public Service Awards – “Courage Award” nominee (Recognizes an individual with less than 3 years of public service experience that is blazing the path for their generation in government with courage and determination)
-Completed over 55 learning hours and earned 24 continuing professional education credits (2014)
- Per the BVA-MPA Director's guidance, completed over 10 learning hours to build supervisory competencies (2015) in; *Employer Branding *Building Trust *Becoming a Leader of Change Initiatives *Developing Self Sufficient Teams *Adopting the Appropriate Management Style *Performance Appraisals
- Apart of several organizational groups and initiatives including the Leadership Initiatives (LI) Speakers Committee, the BVA Organizational Climate Committee, and the BVA Mentorship Program
- Awarded BVA’s “ICARE EXCELLENCE” Award by team lead for my extraordinary work in developing modernization processes (e.g. VBMS, eFax, etc.).