Director, Service Operations
Promoted by the Senior Director of Technology Operations and charged with development and day-to-day operations of a Global Service Operations group to handle ~70% YOY growth. This highly technical, customer-oriented service organization is responsible for maintaining, monitoring, reporting on and resolving issues on a global ultra-low latency infrastructure over which some of the biggest financial institutions and latency-sensitive companies execute financial transactions. Selected Contributions:
- Designed and implemented a customer call center with a 3-tiered, scalable support structure, resulting in reduced response and resolution times.
- Increased customer support coverage to accommodate global infrastructure expansion to Toronto, Montreal, Tokyo, London, Chicago, New York and Frankfurt.
- Performed detailed audits of all operational practices and developed a multi-faceted action plan to attain service excellence through improved processes.
- Created documentation to effectively plan and carry out strategic new process improvement initiatives, including SOPs, policies, procedures, instructional videos, workflow diagrams, job instructions, templates, forms, surveys, fire drills, checklists and training programs.
- Developed customer specific SOPs which were reviewed with customers prior to go live. The package included an overview of the individual customer's solution, policies, procedures, areas of responsibility, diagrams, incident handling scenarios, etc.
- Developed an outage protocol for major incidents providing for a divide-and-conquer task force to execute assigned responsibilities in priority order when time to execution is critical.
- Presented operational metrics for C-level monthly operating reviews to justify headcount, implement new procedures, highlight team successes/opportunities, measure change and plan for future growth.
- Establishing an "Operations and Testing Handover" control process from delivery team to operations team to ensure seamlessness and quality in service and support systems.
- Implementing changes to ticketing system to more efficiently handle, prioritize, communicate, detect, track, diagnose, resolve and report on incidents.
- Assisting with the development of a service catalog to unite all business groups to a common defined service database and enable cross-team reporting metrics.
- Led a multi-team effort to establish global support desk integration among operations groups supporting various products through offices in Chicago, India, New York and London.