Haywood County Schools
Haywood County Teacher Assistant of the Year 2011-2012
Riverbend Teacher Assistant of the Year 2014-2015, 2012-2013, 2004-2005
- Assists the teacher with planning and organizing instructional duties and activities.
- Cooperates in developing procedures for the classroom.
- Assists in the preparation of materials.
- Maintains awareness of goals and objectives of supervising teacher.
- Assists in implementing the planned program.
- Provides information to teacher(s) concerning program evaluation.
- Is involved in activities to improve effectiveness of the total school program.
- Carries out supervisory duties in a prompt and responsible manner to ensure a safe and healthful environment.
- Certified Reading Specialists- Wilson Multi-Sensory Reading Academy.
- Evaluates, assesses, monitors learning strategy skills to struggling students.
- Organizes and performs academic lessons (one-on-one, small group, whole class settings).
- Collects and records money according to established procedures.
- Maintains classroom files and records in accordance with applicable rules, laws, and regulations.
- Performs clerical duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the uses of items of equipment.
- Has technical skill in operating equipment.
- Assembles materials to maximized effect.
General Classroom Assistance
- Exhibits positive behavior toward children, parents, staff, and administrators.
- Positively communicates the needs of school and students to parents/community.
- Conducts self as a positive role model in the school and community.
- Assists students with understanding and adhering to rules and regulations.
- Shares the responsibility for school cleanliness and neatness.
- Assists in developing good house keeping skills and regard for the environment.
- Certified First Aid, CPR, and AED.