I am seeking an opportunity to develop and manage an institutions sustainable programs by employing best practices and strategies that will boost their triple bottom line.
Mac Fish Award:
- Received most honorable award institution offered.
Heifer International’s Study Tour for Educators:
- Selected from a pool of teachers to receive a grant to study sustainable development in Honduras.
I have a variety of interests that have helped to shape who I am today, and keep me on the path of learning and growing as an individual so I can better contribute to my community. Some interests include:
Aug 2012 - Present
- Conducting specialized research on the use of biogas in small communities through anaerobic digestion of organic wastes.
- Drafting case studies on the anaerobic digestion of various feedstocks on farms and at wastewater treatment plants.
- Tracking and reporting on local, state, regional, and national bioenergy policy, including renewable fuel standards, renewable portfolio standards, tax incentives, etc.
- Developing curriculum based on the topic of bioenergy and organics recycling.
Jun 2012 - Present
- Collaborating within a small team to build an anaerobic digester to manage the Town of North Elba's organic waste stream by converting it to clean, renewable energy.
- Researching and writing grants for funding opportunities.
- Engaging with Stakeholders.
Sep 2004 - Sep 2012
Sustainability Coordinator and Educator
Taught science and math courses: Environmental Science, Earth Science, Algebra I.
- Established a sustainability task force.
- Organized and executed several community events.
- Implemented a variety of sustainability initiatives in the following areas: energy, procurement, waste, water, dining services, buildings and grounds.
Aug 2012 - Present
Campus Sustainable Innovation Certificate
Every campus wants to be green. But what does it take to truly harness sustainability as a critical driver of success for your institution and community? UVM’s Advanced Certificate in Campus Sustainable Innovation empowers you with the sustainable campus trends and techniques needed to integrate social, environmental and economic concerns into your educational mission and set the pace for innovation and thought leadership among higher education institutions.