AOL, LLC (2002 - 2009)
Manageddevelopment of travel deals platform and supporting products includingdeals search and promotional category pages.
- Deals products resulted in 3 million pageviews a month, half of all pageviews to travel, and a 160% increase in deal revenue in 2009. Deals search has 5x engagement of
- alldeals products. Performed A/Btesting on sponsored links for deals category pages to inform product decisions that resulted in 110% increase in sponsored link revenue.
- Increased trafficby 83% into deals search with development of distributablesearch modules for use on partner sites and across travel site. Developed RSS for all travel deals and editorial content including an RSS hub page. Created requirements for Deals Alert product to improve engagement and repeat visits with deals product.
- Drove 93K visits/mo of organic trafficthrough the creation of SEO-focusedpages including a newVacation Rentalscobrand (40K visits/mo),Weather/Whento Go(3k visits/mo) andDestinationDealpages (50K visits/mo).
- Worked on the development of a simplified registration process to open up access to users with any email address.
- Enhanced rating process to enable users to quick rate destinationsor hotels and increase engagement.Developed use cases for photo upload functionalitycurrently being prototyped.
- Led the redesign of the AOL Travel channel to broaden the page to 980-wide, and developed a front-door that was light and enhanced our destinationguides. Improved page load to top of industry standards. Added enhanced advertising capability that enabled
- salesto exceed targets for the year.