Established and managed company marketing and distributing exclusive Dutch line of children’s accessories in the U.S.Focused efforts on business development, marketing/sales, product development/merchandising, andfinancial management. Led team of 9, including sales reps, IT, warehouse, and administrative staff.
- Created all marketing material for the brand image: trade fair banners, postcard, advertisingand email marketing campaigns, video short, created product packaging in Adobe Illustrator, developed initial Claesen's USA website, supervised website overhaul, updated seasonal content on www.claesensusa.com.
- Art directed and produced bi-annual comprehensive seasonal catalogs in Adobe InDesign: pre-production including scouting shoot locations, booking lifestyle photographer and child models, styling outfits and accessories; post-production including cleaning and color-correcting flat product photography in Adobe Photoshop, laying out catalogs in Adobe InDesign, exporting art for print.
- Created, managed, and retained national network of 7 high performing sales representatives, establishing accounts with over 700 of the finest boutiques nationally, maintained wholesale marketing lists.
Product development/merchandising: Managed product data, supervised integration of back-end trade system Groupe BDM into Quickbooks and FedEx software. Set product wholesale prices, planned and controlled inventory and oversaw operations. Analyzed performance of different sku's; edited based on turns data and profitability. Oversaw implementation of product safety CPSIA compliance with U.S. mandated lead, phthalates, flammability, drawstring and other regulations.
Logistics planning: Streamlined logistics, reducing annual average distribution costs by over 80% by working with production facility to establish networked logistics center in India to print packing lists and provide pre-picked shipments by client. Researched and implemented freight forwarding with FedEx Trade Networks, flipping pre-picked boxes at U.S. entry points.
Financial management:Controlled $1M operating budget and handled ongoing financial planning, including setting goals, completing expense, revenue and cash flow projections, tracking results.
- Acting bookkeeper from 2008 to present, managed accounts receivable/payable, preparedmonthly bank reconciliations, sales rep commission statements, balance sheet and profit & loss, oversaw tax filings with CPA.
- Spearheaded overstock sales to big box retailers, and sample donation to charities.
Customer Service:Handled all customer service issues from 2008 to present, issuing credits, call tags,and sending replacement goods for damaged or mis-picked pieces. Managed in-stock program, setting inventory levels, placing re-orders, picking store orders.