Over 25 years comprehensive experience in multifamily, Section 8 HUD, retail, and office acquisition, development, construction, management, and asset disposition. Additional expertise in project underwriting, due-diligence, zoning, EIR, debt and equity origination. Highly skilled in contract negotiation with lenders, legal, contractor, architectural, and government stakeholders. Superior strategic planning, business development, communication, and team building skills. Broad experience managing development teams, investor relations, financial pro-formas, budgeting, facility design, construction, and project scheduling. Proficient in all aspects of architectural design and plan review - schematic design, design development, and construction documents. High energy personality with positive attitude. Pro-active and creative approach to problem solving. Exceptional people and computer skills.Excellent at multi-tasking, organizing, and implementing strategic and tactical tasks accurately and on time.
2004 - Present
Kennon Group, Inc.
- Secured all equity investment and financing for development of Florida condominium projects - 1,910 units. Total development value $162MM.
- Managed site acquisition, land use approvals, architects, engineers, general contractors, vendors.
- Created all project budgets, design criteria, planning, and supervised cost estimation approvals.
- Supervised all aspects of contract management, billing approvals, change orders, and punch lists.
- Directed timeline scheduling of construction progress to keep projects on time and within budget.
- Coordinated all sales and marketing programs to meet or exceed pro-forma investment returns.
- Managed all public relations with media, governmental agencies, and community groups.
2001 - 2004
Partner and Director - Acquisitions and Asset Management
- Managed acquisition and asset management activities for purchase of tax-exempt bonds secured by rehabilitation of Section 8 (HUD) properties across the US.
- Director of acquisitions and asset management for multifamily portfolio totaling over 2,797 units responsible for re-stabilizing income to return assets to profitability. Portfolio acquisition value $96MM.
- Net IRR to investors over 20%.
- Managed relocation and project development of the California Academy of Sciences building.
- Directed and managed additional responsibilities and duties listed above for Kennon Group.
1996 - 2001
Owner, Director of Development
Last Resort, Inc.
- Directed re-development activities for Aetna Springs Resort listed on National Register of Historic Places.
- Managed site acquisition, EIR preparation, facility design and programming, and ballot measure process.
1991 - 1996
Owner, Director of Development and Construction
BBK Outlet #1, Inc.
- Developed Oxnard Factory Outlets, a 198,000 square foot retail outlet center.
- Managed site acquisition, debt and equity investment, re-zoning, architectural programming, construction management, and lease out of project. Sold Project to REIT $32MM.
- Directed and managed additional responsibilities and duties as listed for Kennon Group.
1998 - 1991
Development Associate and Marketing Director
- Developed adaptive reuse of historic Firestone Factory on I-5 to The Citadel, a $175MM mixed-use, new development.
- Generated all financial pro-formas, assisted in lender negotiations and equity acquisition.
- Negotiated ground lease with City, and all retail lease contracts for project.