Distinguished Systems Engineer (Executive Level)
- The Distinguished Engineer at Cisco is an executive level leadership position with responsibilities ranging from architecting the strategic direction for the Cisco Engineering community to participating in decision making which impacts the direction of the company as a whole. Only .1% of the engineers at Cisco reach this level.
- Subject Matter Expert in network security, cloud computing security and SDN security applications. Recognized as one of the top security leaders at Cisco.
- Theater lead for NFV/SDN and development team member for Cisco's Cloud Managed Business Solutions which allows Service Providers to offer security services as a managed offering. Established technical requirements for the offering, systems engineering support models, technical training and sales support.
- Principal architect of service provider NFVi security platform based on Openstack. Openstack Neutron design for tenant networking and security functions.
- Security research and design in adopting Docker and LXC containers for security and network functions within a cloud environment.
- Cryptography control experience applied to the cloud security model.
- Architect of SDN/NFV applications in the area of network defense, DDoS remediation and moving target defense.
- Team lead for the ongoing development of R&D plans for technologies in both service provider and enterprise security.
- Responsible for establishing strategic partnerships to support Cisco's existing security business.
- Leader of Cisco's entrance in the area of Software Defined Networks and its impact on the secure design of enterprise, federal and service provider networks.
- Advisor on various industry workgroups and boards including the SCTE IPv6 Working Group and the Law Enforcement Working group for Carrier Grade NAT.
- Lead Cisco's expansion into voice over ip within the financial markets. Inventor of transmitting voice over IP multicast to support trading floor voice requirements.