I graduated in May 2005 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications with an emphasis in broadcasting. I also have a minor in History. My interest in broadcasting started in the summer of 2001. during a television production class. I enjoyed the class so much that I wanted to major in Mass Communication. I also enjoy history in every aspect, and working on computers is another activity I love to participate in. I earned my certification as a Computer Forensic Examiner from Penn Foster Career School. I currently work in customer service. I enjoy helping others.
Nov 2012 - Present
- Communicated effectively to taxpayers about tax returns via telephone
- Worked amended tax return and taxpayer inquires cases to update systems with taxpayers request
- Provided taxpayers with written correspondence as requested
- Used IRS computer systems to research and take the correct course of action on taxpayers accounts
- Developed newsletter for department to help solve problems when assisting taxpayers
- Member of ERT (Emergency Response Team)
Nov 2005 - Present
- Create a professional selling environment by coaching Associates on selling behaviors and skills, product knowledge, policies and procedures and merchandise presentation standards.
- Train and counsel Associates on the quality and composition of their selection (multiple pair presentation) and their comfort level in presenting products to the customer
- Set the example for great customer service - personally demonstrate priority of customer approach and selling over all other tasks.
- Resolve all customer issues on the phone and in person.
- Support the Group Sales Manager in the day-to-day managing of the business
Sep 2012 - Nov 2012
Customer Service Representative
- Telephoned many customers on a daily basis to see if they had any problems with their website or hosting package
- Encouraged current and new customers to try out new software program
- Communicated with the United Kingdom as well as United States customers on several products we had to offer.
- Participated in group meetings to see how we can become more successful in up-selling a customer to a better product
Sep 2009 - Nov 2009
Lister/Quality Control Clerk/Mail Clerk
- Conducted interviews with general public about their place of residence
- Set up appointments to talk with business owners
- Recorded information for the purpose of updating the original information the government had already obtained
- Worked independently on several cases to cover the Philadelphia area
- Reviewed various cases to ensure the work was done properly
- Packaged confidential material to be delivered to main office
Jun 2007 - Aug 2007
- Responsible for the welfare of 30 students while they lived on campus during the summer program
- Provided academic advice and support for high school students potentially moving on to college within the next few years
- Coordinated several onsite and offsite events for the students to enjoy for recreation
- Scheduled group and one on one meeting’s with the students to mentor them and provide assistance in anyway needed.
- Conducted tutoring sessions for program participants during study sessions
- Attended staff meetings and evaluated the students performance via daily and writing weekly reports
Jun 2005 - Oct 2005
- Responsible for asset management of all computer equipment in the Philadelphia Office.
- Worked tickets and assisted with desktop and technical support for several employees.
- Installed software programs for new computers (User’s systems) and reinstalled programs after all troubleshooting steps had been exhausted.
- Coordinated the packaging and unwrapping of the computer assets in Philadelphia Office
- Responsible for delivering computer hardware and software to other offices in the Philadelphia area.
- Assigned numerous computer equipment to the desktop technicians
- Learned the IRS organizational structure and functions during the internship
Sep 2001 - May 2005
Multimedia Resource Assistant
- Responsible for preparation of media equipment for use by the faculty and students.
- Assisted in the lamination of papers and posters for the faculty and students for use during presentations.
- Prepared scanner with printer and Adobe Photoshop to help faculty and students scan pictures and print them for use in a classroom setting
- Used the Multimedia Resource Center’s equipment (Express DV) to edit all videos.
- Provided advanced level support to students when completing editing projects.