Director of Information Systems
MESA Design Associates
Award-winning landscape architectural firm offering wide range of urban design and planning services with national and international clients and annual revenue exceeding $12M. Assessed existing system configurations and administered technology risk identification, testing, and remediation to anticipate and prevent bottlenecks in infrastructure performance and ensure effective IT due diligence, controls, and reporting. Spearheaded data archiving, file management, computer training, and establishment of CAD standards and procedures. Formulated upgrade strategies for data center and desktop workstations. Directed team of 2 IT support specialists in delivering logistical and infrastructure support for local and international branch offices. Assisted CFO, preparer, and controller in coordination of $300K annual IT budget. Executed operational analysis to map, appraise, and optimize systems, processes, and procedures in order to align IT infrastructure and investments with long-term performance objectives. Operational Enhancements:
- Elevated project efficiency through evaluation, identification, and application of most productive operational practices.
- Facilitated remote office data access, real-time project collaboration across global organization, and cost savings of 3-5% in project costs through implementation of advanced Wide Area File System (WAFS).
- Achieved an increase in production efficiency by analyzing network configurations and specifying proper hardware.
- Increased product quality 50% and captured 60% of revenue lost in untracked printing costs through development and implementation of color printing solution.
- Yielded a significant time savings by rearranging corporate directory structure.
- Optimized data center reliability and performance by leading strategic development and deployment of server upgrades.
- Secured $12K in annual cost savings through strategic design and deployment of digital asset management solution.
- Realized cost savings of 15% on computer, software, and hardware purchases.
- Generated annual cost reductions exceeding $25K and increased data circuit bandwidth 300% through expert execution of vendor contract negotiations.
- Reduced overhead costs through the integration of CAD standards and computer operation policies.
- Participated in various project types from public parks to commercial retail.
- Participated in the SD/DD/CD phases.
- Produced hand-drawn schematic design graphics.